Micro pub Woodseats

Just noticed on council planning applications, change of use to what was the card shop ( called Something Special?) to a micro pub , next to newsagents bottom of Woodseats House Road/Chesterfield road.

If passed will make a good addition to Woodseats.

Agree. I think the demand for decent beer is there. I`sure I`m not the only one who jumps ship to Heeley or Dronny to get a proper pint.

I heard a micro-pub was opening down there, be interesting how well they will do.

Now Provisionally approved by council. Would hope to see some work starting soon then.

Great news, looking forward to this

I like a nice drop of decent ale,have to call in,when does it open?

No idea but if you want a decent pint of real ale in the meantime pop down Fraser Road to The Ale House ( formerly Sheaf ), just up from Laycocks.

I think it has 5 or 6 real ales at any one time, and it's a proper pub.

Work appears to have started this week / month.

And the Ale House has some decent beers on at very good prices.

Due to open next Saturday!

Really? That will be in time for the Cross Scythes beers festival at the end of the month then. Might be worth going out of my way to get there.

Now if only Sheffield people did the same thing and experienced stuff out of their own town, they might find out what good beer really is. :)

It's called Guzzle and opens Saturday 30th September at 1pm. More info likely to be found on their Facebook page.

Buses 19, 24, 25, 43, 44, 75, 76 and X17 stop pretty much outside (Woodseats Library/KFC stop)

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 07:05 ----------

Really? That will be in time for the Cross Scythes beers festival at the end of the month then. Might be worth going out of my way to get there.

Now if only Sheffield people did the same thing and experienced stuff out of their own town, they might find out what good beer really is. :)

The irony of someone from Barnsley saying that isn't lost on me!

Incidentally didn't know about Cross Scythes having a beer festival.

Edited by Andy C

Looks nice from outside. Lots of work gone on there over past fortnight. Hopes are high for me as it`s 300 yds from home.

---------- Post added 02-10-2017 at 09:33 ----------

Anyone get there?