Why are Leeds disliked by other football clubs?

Obviously wasn't there was you? You are completely wrong on both counts.

or just obviously don't watch every game through Rose Tinted glasses.

You must be one of the fools who rings into the radio football chat after the game stating "We're ready for the Premiership" :loopy::loopy::loopy:

I'll wave to you from the Kop on Saturday :wave::wave::wave:

or just obviously don't watch every game through Rose Tinted glasses.

You must be one of the fools who rings into the radio football chat after the game stating "We're ready for the Premiership" :loopy::loopy::loopy:

I'll wave to you from the Kop on Saturday :wave::wave::wave:

Are you seriously saying we didn't play fantastic football first half on Saturday. Keith Edwards said it is the best he has seen us play. We were completely dominant and carried that on for a large part of the first half.

Also i have never mentioned Premiership or waxed lyrical about promotion, check me out in the footy section. And i'll tell you now I am no fool! :suspect:

Are you trolling?

I remember "Foul" magazine back in the early 70's - the first footy fanzine.

It ran a quiz - my favourite question was;

Question - What is wrong with this statement? Leeds are a bunch of dirty <removed>.

Answer - Not a lot.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Oh so that's why nobody likes them, no valid reason then :hihi:

There's any number of reasons - the best way to get an answer is ask someone who hates them - some will give you a sensible explanation ( which appears to be based on things that happened before many fans of rival clubs were even born), and some will give you a stupid answer

But, that's football fans for you - a few original thinkers and a lot of sheep

As a Leeds fan I can tell you why most fans of Yorkshire clubs hate us - jealousy!

Yes, our greatest achievements are ancient history now, but they are more recent than most other Yorkshire clubs'

Yes, we were guilty of pushing the boundaries of acceptable sportsmanship in the Don Revie years, but we weren't alone, and the harassment of officials by players is far worse now

I do accept some of our hooligan followers are a disgrace (the words I would like to use are not allowed on this forum), and there is no defence of that - on behalf of all decent Leeds fans I can only apologise for the morons who use football as an excuse and a cover

But fans generally hate Leeds for the same reasons that we hate man u & Chelsea primarily - jealousy

I don't like because they have a higher proportion of thuggish fans. Even the decent fans are precious and deluded and only crawl out of the woodwork when the team is doing well.

To hear leeds fans speak (when they are doing well) you'd think they were supporters of Real, Man U or Bayern. Not a parochial footballing backwater whose only limited success came 40 years ago and at the expense of cheating.

When was this heyday??

More importantly is it something people under 60 would actually remember or be jealous about??

If you weren't even alive then, do you expect people would still be jealous??

Check out the film the Damned United, where Michael Sheen plays Brian Clough. That film will give you a little perspective, as to how Leeds were generally disliked in the 60's and 70's. No idea as to why that persists today though.

Say what you will, they were a damn good side in the 70's and I doubt they care very much what other clubs think of them even now. They like any other side have a strong passionate fan base, perhaps more so given they seem to be reviled so much.

Be more useful talking about the Leeds team today under Gary Monk. They are doing so well I believe they will be in the premiership next season. And under Monk they will be there to stay.

No amount of singing or chanting can change that.

There are so many reasons.

One recent debacle not mentioned yet is the 15 points deduction in 2007/08 - that certainly adds to the bad taste. They really should have been wound up, or expelled from the league but the Football League granted them 'special circumstances' and allowed them to continue.

They were allowed to continue only on the condition they accepted the 15 points deduction

Leeds accepted the condition, but as the season went on, the team performed well and they found themselves close to the top of the division. Despite the leniency shown to them, the club still went and appealed against the points deduction (in an attempt to gain promotion back to the second tier)

---------- Post added 22-03-2017 at 09:12 ----------

They are masters of the wind-up though.

Every home game, they sing "We Are The Champions, Champions of Europe".

To clarify - they have never been Champions of Europe, it's just something they made up to get a reaction, and it seems to work.

Edited by Alex_B