Where to put the crimean war memorial

The Crimean [have I spelt that correctly ? ] War Memorial is currently homeless as well in several parts- has anyone any suggestions as to where it should be relocated in the city centre?

why not outside the town hall? or on barker pool?

It used to be at the foot of the Moor. Maybe it should go back there.

Well Dink its a bit big and could clash with the war memorial in Barkers Pool. It could fit in well where the fountain was at the top of Fargate. Pity we can't put it near the contemporay Bethel Sunday School in Cambridge Street[dueto come down for Sevenstone]. Anyone got any ideas? Its on Picture Sheffield- any one know how to post an image of it?

would it fit next to the town hall? set back behind the bus stops behind maplins?

Its a shame alot of these memorials are hiden like the one in fitzalan square that alot of people dont get to see.

Hi Dink and Duckweed,

The memorial's been about Duckwood- wasn't it at Moorhead at some stage?

As for Fitzallan Square the statue of King Ted is usually crowned with plastic bottles and spikes to keep the pigeons at bay. Like Hartshead with that awful piece of public art. the square is basically unused except for marauding skate boaders. I've have to have a look at Maplins-Cheers Dink.

I think it would be good right in the middle of St Mary's roundabout.

Stick it on top of that big stupid eye sore of a building they built so we can all see it.

Seem to remember reading that there was a couple of Crimean cannons with it. Are they with monument?

I remember it at Moorhead when I were a lad, then it went to the Botanical gardens - minus the column.

Has the old lass been evicted again ?

Perhaps they could sandblast her and stick her in the new Tudor square.

Hi Duckweed,

Believe cannons went for scrap in WW2 ! They kept a Russian cannon, maybe another in Retford.Still there but not the one's from Sheffield.

Pity we could have put the cannon outside the town hall