What music can you not bear to listen to?

I can't stand happy hardcore or anything similar.. its the devils music..

I still can't bring myself to say the four letter word.

I could not bring myself to mention it either - although the traditional form is OK on an evening cruise after two or three pints. :thumbsup:

Country and Western! It drives me NUTS!!!!!! It's the one thing (apart from ill-fitting hotpants) that makes me want to scream!

I feel like I want to wash just typing the damn words!

It's like listening to someone scraping metal down a glass window!

Yowwww!

Stagey x

Country and Western! It drives me NUTS!!!!!! It's the one thing (apart from ill-fitting hotpants) that makes me want to scream!

Yowwww!

Stagey x

Some of it is actually quite sophisticated. It is also a broad genre which incorporates a wide variety of styles. When I was living in the US I got a taste for bluegrass music and also for line dancing, which is great fun.

I can't listen to Craig David, it makes me feel ill. It's like he's strangling all the enjoyment out of music. UB40 used to have the same affect on me.

The other acts I can't stand are where a group of lads from say East Grinstead act like they grew up in the Bronx and have got the bullet scars to prove it.

Opera - with all that vibrato you can't tell what note they're singing, never mind make out the words.

This is the Album that got me into Opera. Malcolm McLaren - Fans. Buy it, download it, borrow it, steal it, but however you do it just make sure you listen to it. ;)

Some of it is actually quite sophisticated. It is also a broad genre which incorporates a wide variety of styles. When I was living in the US I got a taste for bluegrass music and also for line dancing, which is great fun.
I'm no big Country and Western fan but you can take traditional American music to the next level with something a little more down and dirty like Violent Femmes or Bright Eyes. :headbang:

Yowwww!

Stagey x

Have you ever played a Country and Western record backwards?.

It's brill.

Your wife comes back, your mother gets her sight back, your dog does'nt get killed, your tumor shrinks. :hihi:

If you play a country and western CD backwards, does the dog have a miraculous resurrection and your wife return home?

I'm all for sophistication flower, but all the c&w (yuk) I've ever heard sounds like a tone deaf cat with laryngital problems.

I think the twangy guitar thing troubles me too.

Hmmm, line dancing...and fun....in the same sentence? Honey, do you know just how many things are wrong with that sentence? :hihi:

Stagey :)

When I was living in the US I got a taste for bluegrass music and also for line dancing, which is great fun.

I tried line dancing, but I kept tripping over the pegs.:hihi: