Aston Villa v Wednesday

Great start,REACH scored within seconds,it just all went twits up for villa,Terry and snodgrass left due to injury,but we just by passed thier MF,great goal from RHODES,shrugged off BANNAN to steer home.

Liam Palmer missed a goalden chance second half to seal a 3 goal advantage.

We conceeded a really soft one in stoppage time that kinda took the edge off a very good day for OWLS fans.

Butterfield and the brilliant BANNAN,ran the show,lets hope weve blown the cobwebs off now.

WAWAW

Good time for Wednesday to turn up from a Blades point of view, Villa were starting to look a bit threatening.

A good couple of wins for you, let's see if you follow them up, or flop against a much more 'winnable' opponent like you've been doing quite regularly this season.

Good result Wednesday.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 10:44 ----------

We are quietly going about our business and putting ourselves into position(like a good middle distance runner) when we get to the business end of the season (6 months time) you may regret that comment :hihi:

Good result yesterday. I don’t think Wednesday fans could ever be described as “ quietly going about our business...” , lots of arrogance and bragadaccio.

Noisy neighbours more like :D

Great start,REACH scored within seconds,it just all went twits up for villa,Terry and snodgrass left due to injury,but we just by passed thier MF,great goal from RHODES,shrugged off BANNAN to steer home.

Liam Palmer missed a goalden chance second half to seal a 3 goal advantage.

We conceeded a really soft one in stoppage time that kinda took the edge off a very good day for OWLS fans.

Butterfield and the brilliant BANNAN,ran the show,lets hope weve blown the cobwebs off now.

WAWAW

Bannan makes us tick but he does need help,press harping on about Terry,it was a poor challenge and should have been booked at least.

This was a truely excellent win

And yes we should rejoice

But we shouldn't get too excited

However, teams that have beaten favourites have gone down

And lets not forget wednesday were in the third tier of English football once not too long ago

FANTASTIC RESULT !!!

Two contenders for Goal of the Season !!! :clap:

And John Terry injured !!! :banana:

Shame we never kept the clean sheet though :sad:

Hi Hotty, we may be inconsistent, but we are not beyond Hope. :hihi:

I would be more than happy with a point, but i feel that is looking through blue tinted glasses. I would at some time in the game get Joao on and put the two centre backs of Villa under the cost, Terry and Chester are not blessed with pace, and thats where i feel we may just steal something.

We're not beyond hope when we perform. We're beyond the Championship when we perform. According to a hint by some Blade earlier, the 'real Wednesday' stayed at home yesterday, and the 2nd team showed up.

Well that'll do for me. I look forward to the 2nd team turning up every week.

Real Wednesday can stay at home and watch the Telly.

Good/great performances from a host of players flummoxed Villa, and that's not easy at Villa Park. The movement, passing, penetration and will to restrict/dominate were very impressive, and I saw the Wednesday all Owls want to see.

It's a proper shame we can't/won't achieve the consistency to grab this League by the Wotsits.

Well done Wednesday!

I'd love you to keep it up...................................................

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 16:42 ----------

FANTASTIC RESULT !!!

Two contenders for Goal of the Season !!! :clap:

And John Terry injured !!! :banana:

Shame we never kept the clean sheet though :sad:

Two contenders???

According to some, Leon Clarke scored 4 worldies at S2, so Reach's got no Jack Palance. Jordan's was a steal from Bazza to be honest, but I don't think Bazza will have minded too much.

i said and still say, even if we did sneak into the playoffs we havent got a hope in hell, Carlos has hit a peak

Time will tell I’m hopeful that Carlos can still do it for us though.

We're not beyond hope when we perform. We're beyond the Championship when we perform. According to a hint by some Blade earlier, the 'real Wednesday' stayed at home yesterday, and the 2nd team showed up.

Well that'll do for me. I look forward to the 2nd team turning up every week.

Real Wednesday can stay at home and watch the Telly.

Good/great performances from a host of players flummoxed Villa, and that's not easy at Villa Park. The movement, passing, penetration and will to restrict/dominate were very impressive, and I saw the Wednesday all Owls want to see.

It's a proper shame we can't/won't achieve the consistency to grab this League by the Wotsits.

Well done Wednesday!

I'd love you to keep it up...................................................

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 16:42 ----------

Two contenders???

According to some, Leon Clarke scored 4 worldies at S2, so Reach's got no Jack Palance. Jordan's was a steal from Bazza to be honest, but I don't think Bazza will have minded too much.

I think Rhodes needed the goal more than bazza so I'll let him off with that one. Reach probably won't score a better goal than that in his career but aslong as he keeps playing as he is thats fine too.

Carlos has got a few off his back for now anyway so hopefully we can keep the run up a little longer

Yep, Reach's doing very well at the moment. He's had his knockers (including me) but it just reinforces my Mantra ...... There's not a Professional player alive who 'can't play'. It's really a case of what level they CAN play at. He looks every inch a £5m player now ..... probably more. He appeared very overrated for his first wave of games.

That said, he's a poor Left Back.. (I think he knows that). We all knew that except Carlos (who now, however, appears to have seen the light).

Up front especially, he looks very lively, and he's not too shabby on the wing either.

I hope and pray we keep the 'attacking momentum' going.

No issue with him playing as a LB provided there is no others available. I've always said carlos should get till xmas minimum, the table could look alot different by then in our favour

No issue with him playing as a LB provided there is no others available. I've always said carlos should get till xmas minimum, the table could look alot different by then in our favour

He's the weak point of the side at left back and the opposition know that...when he plays midfield or as a natural winger he show's his quality....

Pudil or Fox should always get the nod before Reach if they're fit in my opinion