Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Looks like the pressure is getting to people on here too.

Sundays team sheet will show who's right, i'll be on here to hold my hands up should that be the case.

Sunday's team sheet did in fact prove you were wrong. And that, is a fact

Sharp on the bench and Donaldson nowhere to be seen.

As for the performance, we've been better than that, but we were certainly by far a better team.

The owls had a good 15 minutes in the second half, but even in that time we had a fantastic chance to score again.

1 team wanted it, the other team didn't (except for Hooper and bannan).

1 manager had his tactics right, the other mamager hadn't done his homework correctly.

Seeing the comments from owls, saying they can't name any players for us, show how much they know of their surroundings I'm this league and their naivety of other teams.

The amount of posts I've seen online regarding how we will be put in out place etc. Well this has made it all the more sweeter.

It's another 3 points. Thank you very much

Why do people take this game so seriously it's a game of football can't believe the Wednesday fans I've talked to say that they didn't deserve to lose ,Utd were lucky, get real united was the best side throughout the game I wonder sometimes about Wednesday fans they seriously think that Wednesday were the better side

Edited by lien1
Removed some

Clutching at straws there Ukdobby. The events of 26th 12th 1979, are still sung at both grounds, almost 40 years ago, do you really believe that any Wednesday fan of any hue will be allowed to forget this result, the first time in 124 years of inter city rivalry that either team has put 4 past its rival on its own ground, within 48 hours ? A team that was going like lambs to the slaughter to the home of its big spending, loud, " gobby", vulgar, Premiership chasing neighbour.

Wow what a bitter Billy,I suggest you read all the posts and not just the Owls,history was mentioned by you lot,not clutching at straws,you lot deserved it and won so cut the bitterness out........

Barnsley.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

The Blades had 35% possession and never saw the ball for the first 15 mins of the second half.

You lot aren't Ajax 1978, or Man Utd 1999. Well played and all that, but do try to look at the game with two eyes.

See you later in the year. A tenner to charity says that we will be above you by then.

What about the other 75 mins ?

Reading many of these posts.. Just love how apparantly United didn't win the game, Wednesday just lost it....

Reading many of these posts.. Just love how apparantly United didn't win the game, Wednesday just lost it....

TBF their defence reminded me of ours under Adkins. But we took our chances well however they offered themselves. This was a humiliation for Wednesday on pretty much all levels, the football, the pre-match expectations and the eventual bragging rights (Bouncing day massacre will live on for ever) so you got to expect them to be looking for some chinks of light, however hopeful they are.

As for the performance, we've been better than that, but we were certainly by far a better team.

The owls had a good 15 minutes in the second half, but even in that time we had a fantastic chance to score again.

1 manager had his tactics right, the other mamager hadn't done his homework correctly.

Seeing the comments from owls, saying they can't name any players for us, show how much they know of their surroundings I'm this league and their naivety of other teams.

The amount of posts I've seen online regarding how we will be put in out place etc. Well this has made it all the more sweeter.

The reason i dont know many United players is not me being disrespectful to their ability...its because i'm a Wednesdayite...why would i know or want to know who plays for United..?..:roll:

I accept,we were well beaten on Sunday but its all about 46 games not the first 8 or 9...

TBF their defence reminded me of ours under Adkins. But we took our chances well however they offered themselves. This was a humiliation for Wednesday on pretty much all levels, the football, the pre-match expectations and the eventual bragging rights (Bouncing day massacre will live on for ever) so you got to expect them to be looking for some chinks of light, however hopeful they are.

It goes around in circles fella, I was there when you did the same thing to us under Bassett 91-92 season, 2-0 at your place and 3-1 at ours, we had the best team there has been at S6 in my lifetime back then, but you did us, we got over it, we finished 3rd in the league and beat you the season after in the Wembley semi final.

Enjoy your moment, we will have to take it on the chin, that's how it goes until next time it get's reversed, for now you can all be as smug as you like, it won't last forever though UTO !

Fair enough, I don't shy away from being wrong like some.

I don't know many united players either to be fair, I don't know many Chezzy or Donny players either, they are not my team and until two months ago not playing in the same division.

The reason i dont know many United players is not me being disrespectful to their ability...its because i'm a Wednesdayite...why would i know or want to know who plays for United..?..:roll:

I accept,we were well beaten on Sunday but its all about 46 games not the first 8 or 9...

Pick you up on both points if i may. I am a Blade (obviously) but have seen Wednesday a few times and know quite a few of your players, although I accept you have "bigger" names in your squad. I can't believe you didn't watch United prior to Sunday, to see what you would be up against.

On the second point, Wednesday have been slow starters and i got the impression this season, you would be quicker out of the blocks to try and confirm that elusive 2nd place?

On another note and as i said i have seen Wednesday a few times (hence my previous comments about Hutchinson) and if I was an owl, I would be absolutely livid that you have no idea which Wednesday are going to turn up.

From champions elect almost (Newcastle last season) to the shambles, especially in defence this Sunday.

Pick you up on both points if i may. I am a Blade (obviously) but have seen Wednesday a few times and know quite a few of your players, although I accept you have "bigger" names in your squad. I can't believe you didn't watch United prior to Sunday, to see what you would be up against.

On the second point, Wednesday have been slow starters and i got the impression this season, you would be quicker out of the blocks to try and confirm that elusive 2nd place?

On another note and as i said i have seen Wednesday a few times (hence my previous comments about Hutchinson) and if I was an owl, I would be absolutely livid that you have no idea which Wednesday are going to turn up.

From champions elect almost (Newcastle last season) to the shambles, especially in defence this Sunday.

Its just me...i've never been interested in United or who plays for them..i've not watched any of your games live or on TV for years...other than when they play Wednesday...why would i..?....

To be honest,i expected Wednesday to be challenging for the top 2 places this season...Carlos has had long enough to build his team into one that challenges for automatic rather than just a top six place..although still a long way to go this season..

I think the next two games could be pivotal for Wednesday's season and no doubt Carlos will be under extreme pressure if 2 more defeats follow Sunday's non-performance.

Chuffing football ...builds you up and knocks you down on a regular basis :hihi::hihi: