Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

OMG if Amey are cleaning it up they'll probably cut down all the trees!

I never said they wouldn't be getting paid, I said they wouldn't be getting paid anymore!

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:22 ----------

Huh? "they wouldn't be getting paid anymore" is saying they aren't getting paid as far as I can see!

I'm confused as to what you mean.

I'm probably one of the people that folks are bemoaning for moaning at the event taking place at Hillsborough, so take my opinion as biased. But the line-up announced has definitely convinced me not to bother with attending.

The only act I *want* to see, De La Soul. Other than that it is mainly a line-up one would expect at a small event. Stereophonics haven't been relevant for years, Gallagher and his Birds play any festival going and I've never heard of Craig David's new adventures but I have heard of him and haven't been interested since... 1999?

Much of the rest doesn't mean a lot to me, or indeed my young and trendy festival going colleagues (apart from Jake Bugg).

As an ageing rocker i would definitely like to see Noel Gallagher and the Stereophonics.Jake Buggs ok but the rest are not my cup of tea.

Depends if you think Craig David is 'pretty good' or not.

i think he’s Proper Bo I tell thee !

---------- Post added 13-02-2018 at 21:12 ----------

As an ageing rocker i would definitely like to see Noel Gallagher and the Stereophonics.

errr. . . I agree :blush:

I’m glad Noel ditched all that dead weight, even if they did have a good career together ;)

Guest makapaka

It’s a brilliant line up - they should be applauded.

Compare it to the Leeds festival - which is dire. Maybe we’re starting to get the upper hand on the festival front?

It's obviously massively subjective as to whether it's 'good'. It's definitely 'value for money' (although it is now £79 and the price seems to rise every few days...).

It does little to cater for many people though - I'm not remotely interested in attending now, and I've always enjoyed something on the Tramlines lineup. I'm sure there will be many like me, who were planning on attending and now have zero intention of going- as well as many that will now want to attend of course.

It's obviously massively subjective as to whether it's 'good'. It's definitely 'value for money' (although it is now £79 and the price seems to rise every few days...).

didn't Radio Sheffield say this morning that tickets are £59 ?

didn't Radio Sheffield say this morning that tickets are £59 ?

That was the tier 4 price (£64.90 inc fees etc) They sold out yesterday so its now onto tier 5 pricing.

That was the tier 4 price (£64.90 inc fees etc) They sold out yesterday so its now onto tier 5 pricing.

yes, sorry, I remember they said £59 plus booking fee

I'm not familiar with the tiered pricing structure though, since I've never attended :blush: