The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

The logical extension of that reasoning is that we shouldn't do trade deals with any countries that have lower wages than the UK because it will encourage companies to setup/move production there rather than stay in the UK.

ie:- most countries in the world..........till brexit, then we'll see lol

Nothing has changed yet. However, things will change after the UK leave the EU. Why do you think the UK and the EU are negotiating about what will happen after the UK leave the EU? The fact is the UK will be able to allow free movement across the border from the Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland regardless of what the EU say.

No it won’t, a border is a bilateral agreement, you as a nationalist should understand this more than I do as a free market liberal. Try again.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The EU make a big deal about harmonisation within the single market, which is contradicted, when labour rates are not harmonised within the single market.

So you don’t agree with Raab’s views? That’s a start I guess.

The other thing is that you are assuming that the SM is a static system that requires trade with the U.K. to remain exactly like it does now.

That isn’t the case. It’s dynamic.

Imagine that a million auto and aerospace jobs need to be relocated to the EU to avoid supply chain disruption. Slovakia could pick up thousands or maybe tens of thousands of those jobs. More work, more prosperity. New markets for groups like BMW and VW, with ranges and models adapted to suit. Repeat all across the EU.

The EU countries will adapt, and our loss will be their gain.

The fact is the UK will be able to allow free movement across the border from the Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland regardless of what the EU say.

One of peoples top reasons for voting to leave the EU is immigration, why would the UK have an open door to allow free immigration; not to mention the terrorist aspect.

In July 2017, it was reported that British authorities had stripped some 150 suspected criminals with dual citizenship of their British passport, to prevent them from returning to the UK.

One of peoples top reasons for voting to leave the EU is immigration, why would the UK have an open door to allow free immigration; not to mention the terrorist aspect.

In July 2017, it was reported that British authorities had stripped some 150 suspected criminals with dual citizenship of their British passport, to prevent them from returning to the UK.

my bold=

Uncontrolled immigration was a reason some voted to leave the EU.

Dual nationals getting stripped of their British citizenship is irrelevant to Brexit....:rolleyes:

The logical extension of that reasoning is that we shouldn't do trade deals with any countries that have lower wages than the UK because it will encourage companies to setup/move production there rather than stay in the UK.

It's more logical for the UK to be free to negotiate its own trade arrangements and free to impose tariffs, if a situation arises such as production being moved to a foreign country. President Trump has threatened to put tariffs on vehicles and parts manufactured in Mexico to protect jobs in the USA.

---------- Post added 22-07-2018 at 08:00 ----------

I haven't suggested the UK have an open door immigration policy. Allowing free movement to continue across the Irish border is not an open door immigration policy.

---------- Post added 22-07-2018 at 08:02 ----------

No it won’t, a border is a bilateral agreement, you as a nationalist should understand this more than I do as a free market liberal. Try again.

You don't seem understand that the UK can refuse to enforce a hard Irish border, if no Brexit deal is agreed with the EU. We all know that a border arrangement between two countries is normally a bilateral agreement. Why are you calling me a nationalist, when I voted for the UK to remain in the EU?

You don't seem understand that the UK can refuse to enforce a hard Irish border, if no Brexit deal is agreed with the EU. We all know that a border arrangement between two countries is normally a bilateral agreement. Why are you calling me a nationalist, when I voted for the UK to remain in the EU?

I hate to break this to you, but I don't think anyone really buys that.

It's more logical for the UK to be free to negotiate its own trade arrangements and free to impose tariffs, if a situation arises such as production being moved to a foreign country. President Trump has threatened to put tariffs on vehicles and parts manufactured in Mexico to protect jobs in the USA.

---------- Post added 22-07-2018 at 08:00 ----------

I haven't suggested the UK have an open door immigration policy. Allowing free movement to continue across the Irish border is not an open door immigration policy.

---------- Post added 22-07-2018 at 08:02 ----------

The UK can choose whatever it likes, the map of Ireland has a pencilled drawer that will come into effect upon Brexit, enforced or not. Whether it is purely in legal terms or not is completely irrelevant.

but doesn't that undermine the idea of free trade which what this whole mess was supposed to be about?

Ireland south to north and vice versa will be a smugglers paradise.

but doesn't that undermine the idea of free trade which what this whole mess was supposed to be about?

It’s not about free trade any more.

It’s not even about ideology any more.

It’s about disaster capitalism. 1 million fewer jobs. 8% drop in GDP. Assets to be stripped. Fortunes to be made.

It’s about destabilising the West. Doing Putin’s work.

You need to read posts properly and also read the posts quoted properly. The poster mentioned Republican paramilitaries organising civil disorder and I pointed out, that if that did happen, then the UK authorities would have to take action to stop the civil disorder. .

You are funny!

You can't start a post by telling people to read posts properly and then immediately misquote a post!

You are the comedy poster! lol