Another Islamic Terror incident

What do you think I mean?

I don't know, that's why I asked.

Can't remember but if you really want to know why not take a poll of everyone else on this forum and see what they think?

So what else apart from religion tells people these things are wrong?

What do you think I mean?

erm i didnt mention religion, i meant people would still do nasty things to people because of those things, religion is just a man made tool to do things to others.

those are human traits

erm i didnt mention religion, i meant people would still do nasty things to people because of those things, religion is just a man made tool to do things to others.

those are human traits

No you didn't mention religion but I'm just saying what I said anyway. That's one good thing religion does. I tells us what's good and what's bad. It also brings comfort to people who need it. And yes I agree, it can be used as a tool to justify hurting others. It isn't just one thing but many.

What is it they actually want ? It does not bother me one iota what religion someone practices. But I do believe that no one has the right to force their beliefs on others.

What is it they actually want ? It does not bother me one iota what religion someone practices. But I do believe that no one has the right to force their beliefs on others.

What the vast majority of Muslims want is to live in peace and do harm to no-one. What IS want is for everyone to do as they do.

And if they are . . . ?

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 18:40 ----------

He was driving a Prius so yes, the defence lawyers should get a satisfactory result with the insanity plea.

Put them in detention camps.

Put them in detention camps.

Stupid people? On what grounds?

Stupid people? On what grounds?

Because then it's the military's problem, not the NHS'.

That'll go someway to saving them £350million a week

What the vast majority of Muslims want is to live in peace and do harm to no-one. What IS want is for everyone to do as they do.

a bit like these you mean https://www.cfr.org/interactives/sunni-shia-divide?cid=otr-marketing_url-sunni_shia_infoguide#!/sunni-shia-divide?cid=otr-marketing_url-sunni_shia_infoguide

I think so - a bloke from Luton waving a sword about outside is unlikely to be part of some sophisticated terrorist organisation - just a nutcase.

Maybe, maybe not. He says that he got lost in looking for a pub called the Windsor Castle. But then he pulled a sword and shouted the usual- so not very lost, it seems.

The comment that struck me as worth thinking about is this:- When the next atrocity occurs what do you reckon will be the religion of the perpetrator(s)? Not all Muslims are bad obviously. Most are good people. But all the same...

The good things that people do will not make it to the media's attention, but any act of evil, mental nutcase will be publicised as it will sell news and draw peoples attention. These people should not be able to claim airtime by the media and do not belong to any religion. They are driving their own political agendas for their own benefits.

---------- Post added 03-01-2018 at 14:35 ----------

Imagine if all religions were banned, we could all get on together, couldn't we.

Angel1.

I think even if there was no religion, people will find something else to cause terror and drive their political agendas.

Edited by SheffDon