Postmen - not posting letters correctly

Our post just gets bent in half and posted. No matter which postie it is it's always done im fed up of the amount of stuff thats been destroyed by them.

Also we keep getting a £3.06 payment demand for a parcel for someone who has never lived here. it's nuts.

Let's face it, the casual employment of posties has been a disaster. I still get the wrong mail, mail screwed up, opened mail etc. and it's no big deal. But a few years ago it was common for my post and parcels to have been opened and thieved from. I'm not sure how they've put a stop to that, but I'm glad they have.

The post is something that we all have to rely on. So aggressive cost cutting, low wages and zero job security for posties was obviously a pretty stupid idea. It's another example that "free market" principles don't automatically work everywhere!

Ditto this on the things missing/stolen from the post, I also had this problem upto a few years ago. My postman now doesn't come 'till about 12pm, which is terrible if you're waiting for something important.

Does anyone else have problems with their postman not posting correctly.

I have a dogbox on the back of my door to stop the postmans fingers getting nipped and also to protect my post from if the dog decides to rip it up. The postman can not be bothered to post the post through into the box and leaves it hanging out.

I left a note and the post man thought it would be funny to post the note through my door screwed up. I then had to have a word and it seems to be less, but some letters that can easily be posted through are still left protruding

Has anyone else experienced this and what else can be done? and anyone got any advice

Has It occured to you that the Box may actually be the Reason that the Letters are Sticking out! Get Rid of these Stupid Things! and Just keep the Dog in another Room so it can't get at the letterbox if you are going out! Or Better still train the Dog not to jump up at the letter box! I'm not Suprise the Postie took the P**S because you're being daft!

yep we too have had post left hanging outside the letter box...but just recently we have had loads of different potst men and women..used to have a regular postman..but now they just push post thru yr door even if its not yr address!! 3times last week i had to return post back to the postman/woman cos it was same house number as us but completely different road..not even similar names!! all they did was laugh at me and then tell me someone off of our road had complained cos the post wasnt arrivin until 3.30 in the afternoon!!! they thought this was hilarious...i bet they thought it was me who had complained!! i think as long as they get it out of their hands they're not bothered whose door they push it thru....oh and they tried to blame the office staff for sortin the mail!! thats a laugh...they evidentally dont read the whole address..prob just lookin at the number of the house/flat and pushing it thru the door....so in my eyes its prob both lots to blame...certainly aint my fault....

It's Hilarious because there are no set times for when you are delivered to because everyone is on a different place on the route! so if you are near the end of course you aren't gonna get it in the morning! Missorts like that happen all the time!

If it's the same number it was obvously just put in the wrong slot on the frame, and the postman who shouldn't have to correct other people's mistakes just didn't notice it as he was flicking through! How is it there fault if there is missorts when they didn't sort it themselves!

I'd like to see you do it on an unfamilar walk, and not make one mistake! You can't spend all day checking every single letter throughly, or you would never get done! There's 1000s of Letters a day so if a few are not in the right place I don't think it's a major tradegy!

Next Time just Write 'Missort' and Put it in the letterbox and don't jump on your highhorse and go chasing someone down the street! You will only Look like a T*T!

Ditto this on the things missing/stolen from the post, I also had this problem upto a few years ago. My postman now doesn't come 'till about 12pm, which is terrible if you're waiting for something important.

Well Jog On to the Mail Centre and collect it yourself then! and you will find out that they don't Actually leave the Office till 10am because they have to wait around for "Missorts"! So Unless you are one of the first ones on the route then you won't get it "early!" Either that or Move to the Start of the Route!

Some people really are just daft on here!

Our post just gets bent in half and posted. No matter which postie it is it's always done im fed up of the amount of stuff thats been destroyed by them.

Also we keep getting a £3.06 payment demand for a parcel for someone who has never lived here. it's nuts.

That's the fault of the person who sent it! Royal Mail Delivers to "Addresses" not "PEOPLE" You could write any name in the World if the Address and Postage is correct they are obliged to take it!

It is upto the Customers to inform them when they move or how else are they expected to know! Some houses have people changing every year but they don't bother to inform them of their new address so how are they suppose to know?

and how exactly does a bend in some paper destory it? You'll be complaining that it's wet next when it's been raining outside!

i had mail stolen from my letterbox a cheque for 250 quid:rant:

if flyers can be pushed right through a letterbox why cant letters be ?

How do you know? Did you see them take it? If So why didn't you chase them? Not hard to cancel a cheque is it? and how are they suppose to cash it in unless by some weird coicidence they have the same name as you?

Its actually a tell tale sign that someone is out / away on hols if mail is sticking out the box.

No It isn't? They could have just not noticed they have been delivered to! Plus Most People are out all day at work anyway! If someone wanted to know if the house was empty they could just knock on the door! You can't blame the postman for you getting burgled!

How do you know? Did you see them take it? If So why didn't you chase them? Not hard to cancel a cheque is it? and how are they suppose to cash it in unless by some weird coicidence they have the same name as you?

its a bit hard to chase someone when your not in the country at the time and the cheque was cashed while i was away or maybe i should stay in my house 24 hours a day:loopy:

crackers

My sister lives in a block of four flats and recently arrived home to find her tax credits correspondence just dropped inside the communal entrance door. No reason, just couldn't be bothered to walk the 10ft to her front door and put it thru her letterbox.

On a more positive note, I think the world of my postman, he goes out of his way to be extra helpful.

If I get a parcel delivered and I'm not in and I mention it to him the next day, he'll bring it for me at a time when I'm in (to save me collecting it!) with a smile.

He knows my dog's name and greets him when he comes to the house.

He's always cheerful even on the worst weather days. Post is always posted correctly.

He's dealt with my continuous stream of parcels when I've been in an ebay frenzy without any huffing or puffing.

I think he's from the old school of posties who enjoy their job and give great service.

I'd like to be able to pass on this to the post office. Any idea of an email to use to report great service?

that sounds very much like the postman we used to have, such a lovely person, i rang capel street and asked to speak to the manager and told him how good the postman was and he passed it on to the postman.