So, smoking e-cigarettes is 95% less harmful than regular cigs!

It's easy....Just don't eat so much!....Just man up ;)

I agree. Also like a drink.

But wouldnt quit drinking by consuming equally as expensive but less alcoholic volume lager.

Just quit drinking.

Where does the liquid nicotine come from?

Its a bit of a myth that all vaping fluids available contain nicotine as all vape manufacturers offer nicotine free liquid as well which seem to outsell thos with nicotine in. Some flavours dont contain nicotine at all any and in those that do the strength can vary a lot, anything from 0 mg per ml to 12 mg per ml.

Apparently one tobacco cigarette can contain up-to 30 mg, not sure how that equates to the liquid though.

From personal experience I think that although nicotine is addictive I think the habit of smoking is the bit that is hard to resist.

I wonder if Wales will now reconsider its ban on e-cigs.

E cigs should be banned from all public places and patios. just like cigarettes.

E cigs should be banned from all public places and patios. just like cigarettes.

Why is that?

Why is that?

Won't be long before the government clamp down.

Won't be long before the government clamp down.

But that's not an answer to the question.

I didn't say it was smart, it's just the likely response if they find tax revenue falling from tobacco.

At least it's healthier though, I'd totally support it being prescribed if the cost of the prescription is less than the cost of treating all the smoking related illness. Simple cost benefit analysis.

Tobacco revenue is falling anyway due to more and more of us smokers buying knock off cigs and Bacca ,which is so easy to get hold of.

---------- Post added 19-08-2015 at 16:43 ----------

And not man enough for the proper stuff ;)

People smoking the proper stuff keeps your lot in a job, chasing us naughty " knock off " smokers for your tax and duty. :)

But that's not an answer to the question.

him and his buddies at Johnson & Johnson don't like em, got to push the NICORETTE brand.

The internet I guess?

Probably a base liquid without flavourings, then you add in whatever you want.

I don't know what/if any regulation there is in the market??

The majority comes from the fields of the big tobacco companies. I read somewhere that the vast majority of ecigs use crude tobacco extract and there are only 2 manufacturers which use pharmaceutical grade nicotine.

The majority comes from the fields of the big tobacco companies. I read somewhere that the vast majority of ecigs use crude tobacco extract and there are only 2 manufacturers which use pharmaceutical grade nicotine.

Does tobacco contain pharmaceutical grade nicotine?

With the smoking ban in cars coming soon, has anyone noticed that e-cigs are excluded from this ban ?

With the smoking ban in cars coming soon, has anyone noticed that e-cigs are excluded from this ban ?

Id love to see them try and enforce that . Not a prayer.