Former site of Tinsley towers gets go ahead for art project.

Let's hope they do something about the horrific stench of poo before all the visitors and cyclists are expected to flock to the site.

I'm sure some bright spark on completion of this so called work of art will be selling scratch and sniff postcards.

Don't think they thought about this one.

I wonder how many accidents will be caused by drivers distracted looking at the "artwork" next to the busy meadow hell junction's at either end of the viaduct.

What next, disco lights on a large poo shaped plastic cover for the Blackburn Meadows treatment works?

It sends the wrong picture, message. Makes it look like Sheffield is cracked broken and tied up.

Maybe it is and perhaps someone will pass, look and get some incentive to do something about it.

It sure represents the state of many of Sheffield's roads.

Here we go! Two Million Quid spent on crap. :rant: Its Criminal that money should go to places like the Childrens or Weston Park Hospital. Never mind protesting Frackin and such like, stop these FRACKERS wasting money. :suspect::loopy:

Guest sibon
Here we go! Two Million Quid spent on crap. :rant: Its Criminal that money should go to places like the Childrens or Weston Park Hospital. Never mind protesting Frackin and such like, stop these FRACKERS wasting money. :suspect::loopy:

Awww. I always like a PRESLEY thread. V entertaining.

The chimneys look great don't they. And they will provide work for local people and profits for local business.

What's not to like?

Who paid for it and where did the money come from??

Surely it came from national arts funding, which surely funding art is it's main purpose?

Awww. I always like a PRESLEY thread. V entertaining.

The chimneys look great don't they. And they will provide work for local people and profits for local business.

What's not to like?

Profit for local Buisness err explain that one. They are real Chimneys. Plus they take a few week to erect, cant see much work provision there, anyhow itll be outsiders what builds em as per. Tell your theory to someone else who might be daft enough to believe you.

Guest sibon

Surely it came from national arts funding, which surely funding art is it's main purpose?

It hasn't happened yet:)

EON are paying for a lot of it.

---------- Post added 20-09-2017 at 14:10 ----------

Profit for local Buisness err explain that one. They are real Chimneys. Plus they take a few week to erect, cant see much work provision there, anyhow itll be outsiders what builds em as per. Tell your theory to someone else who might be daft enough to believe you.

I'm telling it to you. To be fair, if you don't believe me, I'm struggling to think of anyone who will:cool:

Itll be us idiots what'll pay out of our rates or summat. :gag:

Itll be us idiots what'll pay out of our rates or summat.

No. SCC will be leading the project but (from the Star):

"Partners on the project are Rotherham Council, the Tinsley Forum and Arts Council England, as well as energy firm Eon, which put up the funding. Extra money has been pledged by Meadowhall's owners and Ikea. Landowners Yorkshire Water and the Canal and River Trust are also backing the scheme together with the city's Cultural Consortium and the Industrial Museums Trust."

Guest sibon
No. SCC will be leading the project but (from the Star):

"Partners on the project are Rotherham Council, the Tinsley Forum and Arts Council England, as well as energy firm Eon, which put up the funding. Extra money has been pledged by Meadowhall's owners and Ikea. Landowners Yorkshire Water and the Canal and River Trust are also backing the scheme together with the city's Cultural Consortium and the Industrial Museums Trust."

Don't you go getting all factual HB.

I blame Thatcher The Council.