Looking for a yoga class that makes you work hard

I've been doing yoga for years, always with the same teacher... unfortunately the class doesn't run any more, and I just can't seem to find something similar?

I don't even know what style I'm looking for :huh: (although having tried Iyengar recently, I do know that that's not for me - too much faffing around with blocks and belts!).

I guess I like an energetic, flowing style that makes you work really hard, with some challenging asanas, followed by a nice relaxation at the end.

Oh, and it needs to be in the evening after 7pm. SW Sheffield ideally. Anyone got any suggestions?

The one on Fridays at Ponds Forge is more challenging, think it's about 7 or 8 in the evening. I go to the one Tuesday evening, which is probably a bit easier, in terms of content; but you can make it a lot more challenging by doing even simple postures and movements in a deeper more controlled way.

Thanks for the tip! Just had a look, they call it "yoga-dynamic/fitness" which does bode well. I think I'll give that a try, thank you!

Thanks for the tip! Just had a look, they call it "yoga-dynamic/fitness" which does bode well. I think I'll give that a try, thank you!

It's good (tough), I've done it a couple of times myself. The instructor keeps you on the move, pretty much through the entire class, so was quite tired after...

Anyhow, if you give it a go, let us know how you get on. :)

I am certified yoga teacher and personal trainer with a background in sports and health; I train bodies to be fitter and minds to be stronger. I practice many forms of yoga including Ashtanga, Hatha, Kundalini and Vinyasa to ensure I deliver an interesting, motivating and rewarding class to my clients. My style is generally more dynamic and aimed at body strength and stamina. Traditional elements such as connecting to breath, meditation and relaxation are included.Partake regularly in workshops, courses and research to ensure I maintain and improve my understanding of anatomy and physiology. From this I improve the quality of my teaching and self-practice.As a certified personal trainer and masseuse I have the further ability to be able adapt my class to the needs of clients ensuring their safety.

- Trained body builders to improve growth by using yoga techniques for muscle expansion.

- Integrated yoga as part of personal training packages to help weight loss and toning.

- Applied yoga to fighters and martial arts practitioners to improve balance.

- Helped asthmatics manage breathing problems using pranayama and asanas.

For more information please see my website: angelinayoga.net

Does anyone know of a good vinyasa class?

Thanks

Try Hotyogasheffield. They provide daily classes and have two studios in Sheffield which is handy if you're from either end of town.