R.I.P Danny Kirwan

former guitarist with Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac

from his wiki page

It was announced on Fleetwood Mac’s official Facebook page that Danny Kirwan had died on 8 June 2018.[26] Mick Fleetwood said:

”Today was greeted by the sad news of the passing of Danny Kirwan in London, England. Danny was a huge force in our early years. His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968, where he made his musical home for many years.

Danny’s true legacy, in my mind, will forever live on in the music he wrote and played so beautifully as a part of the foundation of Fleetwood Mac, that has now endured for over fifty years.

Thank you, Danny Kirwan. You will forever be missed!

~Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Kirwan

Edited by melthebell

(even with a busted string at 1:52).

I was lucky enough to see him perform with the Mac.

(even with a busted string at 1:52).

I was lucky enough to see him perform with the Mac.

he left em in 72? or someat?

he left em in 72? or someat?

I don't recall when he left. I saw him when Greeny was still in the band – before you were born Mel.

Danny Kirwan was sacked from Fleetwood Mac in 1972 due to his alcoholism and he also suffered from mental illness. He was allegedly homeless for a period later in his life.

So sorry to hear of his death, a brilliant guitarist who meshed perfectly with Peter Green.

To me this was Fleetwood Mac, not the washed out AOR garbage that came later.

If in doubt just listen to this

a wonderful piece of music that Fleetwood Mac never bettered.

R.I.P. Danny a musical genius forgotten in time.

When they appeared at the Black Swan late 60s, Jeremy Spencer was still the 2nd guitar can't recall if Danny was at that gig, to be honest, Jeremy, of course, turned into a religious nutcase and left the band high and dry. Anyways RIP Danny whether you were there or not that night. I do seem to remember Spencer bring the house down with his Elvis impersonations as a bit of a side show.

Edited by Ontarian1981

When they appeared at the Black Swan late 60s, Jeremy Spencer was still the 2nd guitar can't recall if Danny was at that gig, to be honest, Jeremy, of course, turned into a religious nutcase and left the band high and dry. Anyways RIP Danny whether you were there or not that night. I do seem to remember Spencer bring the house down with his Elvis impersonations as a bit of a side show.

Danny was 68-72 i believe, blonde haired?

Danny was 68-72 i believe, blonde haired?

Maybe he was because Spencer did some keyboards too then. I really wasn't into band personnel names in those days. I only remembered Spencer's name because of his impersonations and then his later antics in the US with a cult, which made the news at the time.

. Jeremy on piano – or on guitar when doing his Elmore James stuff. An 18-year-old Danny (here in purple t-shirt). Greeny just being Greeny.

. Jeremy on piano – or on guitar when doing his Elmore James stuff. An 18-year-old Danny (here in purple t-shirt). Greeny just being Greeny.

That pretty much sums it up, I do remember the young guy( Danny) now you showed this clip, he was in a shadow most the night though don't think he came up front to sing at all.Yes Jeremy did some piano work too. I must admit, I was with a lady and not paying 100% attention to the concert, lol

He was a big part of Fleetwood Mac when they made some wonderful music. RIP.