Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

I've not gone into any great detail, so I could well be wrong, but from what I've gathered it local businesses that mainly will profit from the footfall, Tramlines itself makes losses this years event would probably clear last years losses.

Anyway I'm all for it :love:

The ones local to city centre will, or would have, in previous years. Anyway, the tea party's in Hillsborough, so hope fully they'll make some money instead. The local businesses in Hillsborough that is, is, as opposed to the snooty ones on Devision St.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 15:35 ----------

I think the event has always 'flied close to the wind' in terms of its profitability yeah. Which makes it doubly odd that some people don't want the organisers to make a profit.

A profit, yes. How much, debatable .

Edited by AmberLeaf

The ones local to city centre will. Anyway, the tea party's in Hillsborough, so hope fully they'll make some money instead. The local businesses in Hillsborough.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 15:35 ----------

A profit, yes. How much, debatable .

Why should there be any debate? Why does it matter how much profit the organizers make in any way, shape or form if the event is good, fairly priced, and well run?

Want to know who I feel sorry for? The people who have to clean up all the mess, once it's over. They won't be getting paid anymore. Probably have to work twice as hard tho.

Want to know who I feel sorry for? The people who have to clean up all the mess, once it's over. They won't be getting paid anymore. Probably have to work twice as hard tho.

Why would the cleaners not be getting paid?

It's ok no need to feel sorry for me :D I often clean up at the park, there's mess all the time, the festival rubbish will make a change from the local footy fans at weekends, although at least the festival will have plenty of toilets, unlike the footy folk using the bushes and library wall on the Middlewood entrance.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 20:37 ----------

Possibly it's the elves and fairies come out and night?

I'm sure they'll be a few volunteers for a litter pick, if needed it's not difficult to rally a few people if needed, the FOHP Facebook page seem to be listing concerns to be raised at the next tramlines meeting this Wednesday, so I'm sure FOHP will be addressing the issues, although most were semi settled at the public meeting, it will be interesting to see what the final plans are.

:wave::wave:

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 21:04 ----------

I think the event has always 'flied close to the wind' in terms of its profitability yeah. Which makes it doubly odd that some people don't want the organisers to make a profit.

Hopefully the local independent businesses will all make decent profits, during Tramlines and the following years to come.

Edited by steve68

More fool them then I suppose.

I don't believe for one second that the organizers won't clean the site after they've packed up. That's a major part of putting on any event.

I don't believe for one second that the organizers won't clean the site after they've packed up. That's a major part of putting on any event.

They'll have paid some sort of deposit that covers the park being returned back to a reasonable condition.

They'll have paid some sort of deposit that covers the park being returned back to a reasonable condition.

Absolutely. The suggestion that unpaid people will have to clear it all up is ludicrous.

It's actually quite remarkable how negative people are about this event. I think many actually WANT Sheffield to be a cultural graveyard.....

Absolutely. The suggestion that unpaid people will have to clear it all up is ludicrous.

It's actually quite remarkable how negative people are about this event. I think many actually WANT Sheffield to be a cultural graveyard.....

I agree Paula, it's really quite pathetic and embarrassing :loopy:

The organisers have committed to insuring that that the park will be fully cleaned and returned to the condition it was before the event.

I never said they wouldn't be getting paid, I said they wouldn't be getting paid anymore!

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:22 ----------

The organisers have committed to insuring that that the park will be fully cleaned and returned to the condition it was before the event.

Isn't it Amey that have to clean it all up?

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:25 ----------

I agree Paula, it's really quite pathetic and embarrassing :loopy:

The fact that you read a post, that has totally took another one out of context, is saying something!:rolleyes: