Welcome to the crafts group!!

Hello. It's been fairly quiet on the craft thread recently.

Hi,

I am Caroline. I have just taken over The Little Paint a Pot Shop, Station Road, Chapeltown, where I have worked for the last 2 years.

I will be changing the name in January to Pottering Around, just to put my own stamp on it. I was told on another thread that I could promote my business here.

If you don't know the shop, it is a place where you paint a blank piece of pottery with your own design and I glaze and fire it ready for you to collect the following week.

There are no age restrictions so it is suitable for the whole family.

It is advisable to book a table especially during holidays and weekends (07719764640) to avoid disappointment.

I also do silver hand/footprint jewellery which make beautiful gifts for special occasions.

Feel free to pop in or ask questions.

Caroline x

Hello, I am a picture framer so if anyone is thinking of framing their own work I can offer advice.

New to SF and quite new to crafting and so glad to see there is a craft group. Black stitch is my current pastime.

Hello.

I'm a patchwork quilter and wonder if there are any groups for my craft.

The craft section is really quiet. I'm a card maker and miss chatting to locals about my hobby. I have made new friends elsewhere who share my passion for card making. I don't know any quilters.

I am having difficulty finding a shop/warehouse to buy Dorma sheeting.

I make my own bedding and am looking for a source of supply.

Would anyone have any idea?

Please PM if so.

Thank you.

I am having difficulty finding a shop/warehouse to buy Dorma sheeting.

I make my own bedding and am looking for a source of supply.

Would anyone have any idea?

Please PM if so.

Thank you.

Is this for a business or just for yourself? I'm asking as I had to buy a king sized sheet and use that to make myself a king sized quilt cover. I know this wouldn't be your choice if making bedding for other people but its okay for yourself. Dunelm in Rotherham used to sell sheeting but hardly sell any fabric now. You could always enquire at one of the Dunelm stores.

Thank you Chez for your advice.

I sew bedding for myself. I also make American patchwork quilts (see avatar)

---------- Post added 13-07-2014 at 12:49 ----------

Dunelm was very good for sheeting of all colours but not now. They push the ''All ready made's.

Thanks once again.

Thank you Chez for your advice.

I sew bedding for myself. I also make American patchwork quilts (see avatar)

---------- Post added 13-07-2014 at 12:49 ----------

Dunelm was very good for sheeting of all colours but not now. They push the ''All ready made's.

Thanks once again.

Yes I know. The ready made sheets are good quality and probably as cheap, if not cheaper as sheeting. Some of their sheeting to buy by the meter did vary in quality. I used to do a lot of sewing, mainly clothes or toys in the 70's and 80's but stopped in the 90's when it became difficult to source basic things like zips etc.

Thanks for setting this thread up for keen crafty uns like me. We need somewhere to discuss ideas and thoughts on all things craft otherwise where would we go?. :) :)

Welcome daisyduke what crafting do you do?