Fungal Nail Infection - Best Treatment

I have suffered for years with the dreaded fungal nail infection on my toes and have several times lost my toe nails due to it. All my Dr has given me is Lamasil cream which iam applying day and night religiously. I think the fungus has gotten used to it as it is taking over again - its like all out war.

Can anyone recommend something I can buy over the chemist counter that REALLY cures it. The cost of this stuff is extortionate so I want something that I can rely on to work so I dont waste my money. Jane :help:

Sounds silly, but try using Honey, I have a fungal nail infection nothin ever cured it so im using Manuka Honey its expensive but it seems to be working so far, Manuka Honey has anti-bacterial properties im using active 10+ at the moment, got it from morrisons.

you will find some information from the following link http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/therapeuticuses.html

worth trying

Thanks but honey is very sticky, do you smeer it on your toes then put your socks and shoes on! :huh:

My hubby had one last year. He went to drs and they sent away his nail clippings for analysis. After the results came back the dr gave him some pills for a couple of weeks and the infection cleared up pretty quickly and the badness grew out. He has suffered with this for years and touch wood they have stayed clear.

Yeh when I went to Dr he wouldnt give me tablets as he said they had too many side effects thats why he gave me the Lamasil cream.

Thanks but honey is very sticky, do you smeer it on your toes then put your socks and shoes on! :huh:

lol i use a cotton pad smeared with honey placed on nail then taped up,again i know it sounds silly, but its working been using it for three days now, obviously changing each day and i see a massive difference, it actually penetrates the nail, again read up on that link.

Thanks I might try it, but how can u tell its working after 3 days when the nail affected has to grow out. Surley you can only tell if its working as the infected nail grows out.

it looks more healthier the fungus lies beneth the nail, the active anti-bacterial properties of the honey fights the fungal tissue, don't get me wrong its no where near gone but i see a significant change the 340gram jar i got cost £9 there is also a higher strenth you can get active 16+ i did not know this tho when i bought the one im using.

Ok I've read the report, so I might - just might go buy some from Morrisons. How many times a day do you apply to your toe nails. And just a thought, Im off on hols on Sat and if I put on toes and go out with sandals on hence bare tuttsies will i have to fight off any unwonted fly's bugs etc or evan cats, dogs, sheep, cows lol

Yeh when I went to Dr he wouldnt give me tablets as he said they had too many side effects thats why he gave me the Lamasil cream.

Yeh thats what they told my hubby but he was fed up of them so asked the dr for them and said he would give them a try. He didn't suffer any side effects at all.

Ok I've read the report, so I might - just might go buy some from Morrisons. How many times a day do you apply to your toe nails. And just a thought, Im off on hols on Sat and if I put on toes and go out with sandals on hence bare tuttsies will i have to fight off any unwonted fly's bugs etc or evan cats, dogs, sheep, cows lol

try it until you go away, then carry on after you back from your hols, take it you goin to Goa with mentioning Cows lol, you never know you might get a hunk suckin ya toes lol

Goa no only going down south, already been to Gambia this year. As for the hunk my hubby doesant like honey!