Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

yeh i no jon from bedlam choir,they were one of the best bands around at that time pitty they split.i saw them at the cityhall when they supported saxon an for me they blew saxon away.they should av been up there with the big names in the 80s an early 90s.its a pitty noone took them seriously enough.they were far one of the best bands in sheff at the time,an a very exciting band to watch,an also a bunch of great lads.an i remember phil there roadie an van driver smashing lad.

yeh i no jon from bedlam choir,they were one of the best bands around at that time pitty they split.i saw them at the cityhall when they supported saxon an for me they blew saxon away.they should av been up there with the big names in the 80s an early 90s.its a pitty noone took them seriously enough.they were far one of the best bands in sheff at the time,an a very exciting band to watch,an also a bunch of great lads.an i remember phil there roadie an van driver smashing lad.

phil the van, aye, remmeber him from the wap, also did stuff with truth decay, gets a thanks on their demo i have

hi ya mel,

i also remember bedlam choir,and the p,dogs,at rebbles in sheff.they were the first bands to play there for years.an il tell ya what,it was kickin.could,nt get a better line up.they were the most kickin bands about at that time.

ive seen most of the bands you,ve mentioned, if not them all,an theres none to touch these 2 bands in that error mate,but thats only my opinion.also choir did 2 or 3 covers.but one that sticks to mind was,(phantom of the opra)

maiden.it was spot on note for note.i used to go an see choir as much as i cud an p,dogs,but i used to catch them at take 2 more than anything as they used to be there more than any other bands in sheff.and they used to support sum great bands there as well vamp,shy,horse london,lisa dom,an on one acassion they supported the farm,but the farm pulled the gig,so bedlam choir headlined the gig.saw them at the pal,a in sheff supporting acid rain.that was a awesome gig,but they were miss treated by bad management,think they were signed to some company in burton on trent,an went to sweden to record an album but relieased a single e.p instead.then after cityhall that was the last i herd of them.sad sad sad.come back p,dogs an bedlam choir.an livean the music scene up in sheff much missed.

hi ya phanerothyme.well mate sorry cant help you out at the mo,but be nice to keep in touch.as i am now in australia.but i think ya idea of radio station is great mate,an when i get bac to the uk,(if)by all means id like to help in anyway i can thanks for the reply,an keep up the good work.hope its a radio station thats going to be playing the bands that av been mentioned round sheff in the 80s an 90s that would be awesome.i also remember choir at the pal,a supportting (lawnmower death)that was a top gig as well.and they supported dumpys rusty nuts.i think it was at utoxeter football ground.but im not to sure it was advertised in the good old karrang.think it was 90-91.but they got themselfs around a bit.class band.

right *looks through his gig book*

ive seen bedlam choir at the following

18th may 1989 - hallamshire hotel with lilac confusion, human perogrative

hmmmmmm thought id seen em more than once????

must not have written a few gigs down, ive seen acid reign and lawnmower deth a few times too

hi ya mel,that must av been in the early days of bedlam choir.when they had differant members.i saw them when they had a russian guitar player.an a singer from rotherham which he was with them for years.but the frontman also did hallamshire.but they had a vocalist before that,that all so played at the hallamshire.but they had 3 drummers in the band over the years ,and a few guitarist.but after the the city hall gig,the drummer after that was a lad called andrew nickname(tank)and shortly after that was a kid called dwane.an all 3 of them were top drummers.guitarist i remember think was,well if im correct.ian wattkinson,early days.take 2.graham hobbson,all so early days.then after that was howard roe,then the russian lad dimitri.which again were all great guitarist in there own right.an the one that saw it all the way through was dave fox,top lad.ho an not to forget jon the bass player,gota be one of the best bass players in sheff by far.anyway mel av ya been to see sukmonkie.an what is your veiws on them as i av not seen them cheers.

hi ya mel,that must av been in the early days of bedlam choir.when they had differant members.i saw them when they had a russian guitar player.an a singer from rotherham which he was with them for years.but the frontman also did hallamshire.but they had a vocalist before that,that all so played at the hallamshire.but they had 3 drummers in the band over the years ,and a few guitarist.but after the the city hall gig,the drummer after that was a lad called andrew nickname(tank)and shortly after that was a kid called dwane.an all 3 of them were top drummers.guitarist i remember think was,well if im correct.ian wattkinson,early days.take 2.graham hobbson,all so early days.then after that was howard roe,then the russian lad dimitri.which again were all great guitarist in there own right.an the one that saw it all the way through was dave fox,top lad.ho an not to forget jon the bass player,gota be one of the best bass players in sheff by far.anyway mel av ya been to see sukmonkie.an what is your veiws on them as i av not seen them cheers.

tbh i aint really head sukmunki or any of jons other bands, i left sheffield in 92, thats my excuse :P its hard to get down now just for a gig

ok mel mybe, if anybody as there demo are if they have an address,(myspace)cud sumone forward it to me so i can check em out i would realy appreciate that.dose anyone remember,apes,pigs,an spacemen.i herd they relised an album in the early 90s,but not herd of them since.i only herd one track off it an i think it was the singel not sure.but dose anyone no where abouts an what they are doing today cheers.

hi ya phanerothyme.well mate sorry cant help you out at the mo,but be nice to keep in touch.as i am now in australia.but i think ya idea of radio station is great mate,an when i get bac to the uk,(if)by all means id like to help in anyway

If you're in Australia, then you'll be up and around for the graveyard shift!

Interesting read, I sang in Cosa Nostra :)

i remember them!

saw you a few times, hallamshire i think :) still got some flyers too in my scrapbook if i remember right!

hi ya mel,

i also remember bedlam choir,and the p,dogs,at rebbles in sheff.they were the first bands to play there for years.an il tell ya what,it was kickin......

i was there and i agree!

it came about i think because plague dogs had just signed to a manager who persuaded rebels to put on local bands. he also spent £150 on an advert in the star, little realising that no-one in the audience could read!

:hihi: