Searchlight.. Criminals?

Well if they do have supporters then these supporters will obviously be voting to it is political. No one should have the right to try to discredit any party. They (as part of a party) should sell the benefits of a party not discredit othes.

Why, exactly, should people be deprived of the right to discredit a political party?

That would mean political parties would be beyond criticism....

Why, exactly, should people be deprived of the right to discredit a political party?

I agree Phan,

I thought thats what politicians did.. at least Mr Camerons been having a really good bash at it this week.

Well if they do have supporters then these supporters will obviously be voting to it is political. No one should have the right to try to discredit any party. They (as part of a party) should sell the benefits of a party not discredit othes.

Does that include leaders of the major religions as they, too, are asking people not to vote for single issue racist parties?

nowt wrong with bnp they get my vote. sorry to say most sheffielders are blind to whats going off around them..... only squel when a problems in their back garden.......

Searchlight are just a campaigning group, not a party.

There's something rather sinister and undemocratic, however, about an organisation which doesn't put up candidates itself but devotes itself to attacking people who do submit themselves to the democratic process.

There's something rather sinister and undemocratic, however, about an organisation which doesn't put up candidates itself but devotes itself to attacking people who do submit themselves to the democratic process.

Just a shame they weren't around in 1930's Germany.

The easiest thing for any party is discrediting those who are in power. The hardest part of the job comes when they are in power which is a shame as they often dont sell their own agenda (or keep it hidden)

I just disagree with this 'dont vote' view or criticising a partys policies. Why not tell me instead what you would do for my constituency or country??

Is it right for the Torys to go round asking voters not to vote for Labour? Why not say 'Vote for Tory because.....'?

I thought thats what politicians did.. at least Mr Camerons been having a really good bash at it this week....

That is what they have done?? So the Torys would be squeeky clean?

Does that include leaders of the major religions as they, too, are asking people not to vote for single issue racist parties?....

Good question Max as this can be seen differently? It's something i'd have to give thought to without an off the cuff reply but again you may have religious leaders asking ppl not to vote for the BNP beacuse of their racist views (fair comment) but then you may get a Muslim leader asking ppl not to vote for the BNP when a Respect candidate is standing in the same ward. As Respect have the 'pro-Muslim' stigma then it coudl be viewed differently????

nowt wrong with bnp they get my vote. sorry to say most sheffielders are blind to whats going off around them..... only squel when a problems in their back garden.......

Squels in the back garden:huh: ...do you mean squirrels ibmibm?

Have the BNP have an official policy on squirrels......I know...repatriate the red back to North America.....they come over here...take our nuts....beat up our squirrels.......always hibernating.......

Squels in the back garden:huh: ...do you mean squirrels ibmibm?

Have the BNP have an official policy on squirrels......I know...repatriate the red back to North America.....they come over here...take our nuts....beat up our squirrels.......always hibernating.......

ROFLMAO :hihi: Oh teabag you are a card ;)

As well as pointing out their criminal records and racist histories. Whats sinister and undemocratic about that?

Oops better be careful, don't want our chums to report me to "Redwatch". :hihi:

As well as pointing out their criminal records and racist histories. Whats sinister and undemocratic about that?

Oops better be careful, don't want our chums to report me to "Redwatch". :hihi:

See everyone...the red squirrels first and then who knows what cuddly indigeneous furry animal is next....

I think I am overegging the pudding now:hihi:

First they came for our squirrels and no-one spoke out, then they came for our pigeons and no-one spoke out ........