Whitby Road School Darnall Sheffield

hi.john have you still got the stall.used to see you when buying things for the dog.still think we did not get credit for all we did in sports of all kinds.remember going for sheffield boys trails were most of the team had already been picked,the guy elected captain along with a couple more played against us for firth park we gave them a right thrashing joe rogers ran them ragged think we won about 6-1.not one player from whitby made it but on ability we should have had about three in that team.it was same with cricket and athletics they were always picked from the same schools disgusting.

Hi Chris

I do remember the wembley trip was it england boys versus germany boys can't remember the score. The dinner table job was great for me as I hated lessons anyway.

Have you left me a message on g/reunited if so I will reply soon i'm off to work now it's 8am

John

Hi Kenny

You are so right about the sports just depended on which school you went to. Not got the stall anymore I am working for the rspb now as a teacher.

Speak to you soon.

John

Hi Kenny

Yes about a month ago we won a lottery award for best environment project.

Hi Chris

I do remember the wembley trip was it england boys versus germany boys can't remember the score. The dinner table job was great for me as I hated lessons anyway.

Have you left me a message on g/reunited if so I will reply soon i'm off to work now it's 8am

John

Hi John,

Tried to reach you on f/ reunited, I remember all the lads you mentioned,I remember mellor giving me and you a trial for the footy team,I didnt make it but you did, Im almost sure you played on the right wing and i on the left, i was rubbish.

well done on the award john,do you have any school photos from 1958-59 at all i had some but have moved about a lot and they disappeared.

well done on the award john,do you have any school photos from 1958-59 at all i had some but have moved about a lot and they disappeared.

hi kenny was barry gray any relation to you.

no my 2 brothers are harry and stuart.harry a good footballer played for a very good woodthorpe y.c side,he was a bricklayer just about retired now.stuart worked at dormer tools for years.

Hi Chris

Did Barry live on the Greenwood estate? If that is the one I think his name was spelt Grey.

John

Hi John,

I think so, he went to acres hill school and then to whitby rd, Ive still got a class photo from s1b with me and you on it, we were in hydes class.

chris,

Hi Chris

I was just thinking how many of us in our street that went to W/Road at the same time. you, me, Henry Tooze, Brian Scaife, Graham Blandy any more. Sorry but I forgot I hope you and Norma are well and have you retired? I think I have a couple of photo's somewhere I shall have to have a rumage in the photo box a bit difficult this weekend as we are baby sitting. I still remember the weekends we had just you and me playing football fifteen minutes in the nets for each of us.