Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

It feels like a composers different version of the same old opera. It gets very very boring when you already know many versions of the same opera. Covenant really lacks the sense of humour the old originals had.

Thumbs down. This is only good for someone who sees alien for first time.

I think the main problem a lot of people have with Covenant is that they want to recapture the feeling of Alien and Aliens but that's just not possible. I actually enjoyed large parts of Covenant but mainly because I didn't have any expectations about what it should be.

It's better than a lot of films that have had Alien in the title, it just can't compare to the two films it was always going to be compared to.

Trainspotting - 5/10 - I was never really caught up in the hype around this films release quite liked it at the time but never really loved it, decided to watch again now a sequels out and opinion hasn't really changed an overly stylised series of sketches hung together by a heroine addiction theme. So-so.

---------- Post added 15-05-2017 at 22:58 ----------

Anthropoid - 9/10 - A film about the true story of the assassination attemp on the prominent Nazi Heydrich in WW2 Prague, an excellent film thats sometimes hard to watch but very tense. Best film I've seen this year.

Edited by top4718

'Gunman' - Sean Penn and Javier Bardem, with Idris Elba, Ray Winstone

just one long brawl with not much of a plot

5/10

Anthropoid - 9/10 - A film about the true story of the assassination attemp on the prominent Nazi Heydrich in WW2 Prague, an excellent film thats sometimes hard to watch but very tense. Best film I've seen this year.

I agree. Definitely one of the best movies of 2016.

I agree. Definitely one of the best movies of 2016.

Great film that brings a tear to my eye at the end.

Great film that brings a tear to my eye at the end.

Agreed. The moral dilemma facing the assassins was well done. They were incredibly brave. However, I don't think the operation should have gone ahead, as the consequences for ordinary Czechs were so severe in terms of reprisals. The shoot out in the church was very well done, although the real events were less dramatic, in that the Czechs in the church did not have the fire power to resist the Germans through a prolonged shoot out.

---------- Post added 15-05-2017 at 22:58 ----------

Saw a version of this years ago call Operation Daybreak. I seem to remember at the end a soldier doing a swallow dive from the Church spire head first to the ground when outnumbered and outgunned.

King Arthur.

THE worst film I have ever seen.

I am keen on historical, or quasi-historical dramas, so decided to see this despite the bad reviews.

What a waste of time. No dramatic tension, no coherent narrative, boring, tedious battle scenes, sleep inducing dialogue, an excess of CGI and mediocre acting. I walked out before the end.

If you want to see a wonderful film about the legend of King Arthur, then get the DVD of Excalibur.

Avoid the other like the plague.

King Arthur.

THE worst film I have ever seen.

I am keen on historical, or quasi-historical dramas, so decided to see this despite the bad reviews.

What a waste of time. No dramatic tension, no coherent narrative, boring, tedious battle scenes, sleep inducing dialogue, an excess of CGI and mediocre acting. I walked out before the end.

If you want to see a wonderful film about the legend of King Arthur, then get the DVD of Excalibur.

Avoid the other like the plague.

I've really no idea why Guy Ritchie carries on foisting his garbage films on the general public, its not like he needs the money. Made a half decent film in Snatch and the rest of his output is mostly dreadful.

Elizabethan Town. 8 out of 10. I really enjoyed it. I need to stop watching all this mushy stuff as it's going to turn me soft.:hihi:

A War - 7/10 - Danish film about a soldier accused of a war crime and facing court, highlights the problems being at war cause a family.

Philomena,never seen it before but enjoyed it,what horrible people were the catholic church.8/10