Kilner Way Retail Park thread

I'm sure I read on here someone claiming that Tesco own the land on Penistone Rd near Charlie Brown's opposite the stadium. So I wouldn't be surprised either.

yeah thats right also netto is conjuction with sainsburys

Wonder if the little shops at Wadsley Bridge will survive?

Well, if that is true than I will be perfectly happy. Le Bon Vin is probably one of the best independent wine-retailers north of the Thames (and I don't know any south of the Thames, which makes them pretty awesome). Been shouting for an M&S in the north of the city for ages and if Boots move there, it might mean they can close the shabby shop in Hillsborough precinct so we can have a new charity shop there.

Please God noooooooooooo...

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:36 ----------

I'm sure I read on here someone claiming that Tesco own the land on Penistone Rd near Charlie Brown's opposite the stadium. So I wouldn't be surprised either.

Heard that too, apparently they bought up the whole triangle of land to stop another supermarket rival building on it, i suppose they didn't envisage Sainsbury's building where they are at the mo..

This is one I can't get my head around, a planning application for Unit E on Kilner Way Retail Park dated August this year for Sainsbury's.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/B7CB12C8D38D6851952FBBBE16AFCD25/pdf/14_03004_ADV-APPLICATION_FORM_-_WITHOUT_PERSONAL_DATA-809049.pdf

Which is the one in the far left corner on the Argos side.

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 15:53 ----------

Heard that too, apparently they bought up the whole triangle of land to stop another supermarket rival building on it, i suppose they didn't envisage Sainsbury's building where they are at the mo..

Tescos opposite the football ground would be great on a match day to go shopping there !

Edited by darylslinn

This is one I can't get my head around, a planning application for Unit E on Kilner Way Retail Park dated August this year for Sainsbury's.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/B7CB12C8D38D6851952FBBBE16AFCD25/pdf/14_03004_ADV-APPLICATION_FORM_-_WITHOUT_PERSONAL_DATA-809049.pdf

Which is the one in the far left corner on the Argos side.

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 15:53 ----------

Tescos opposite the football ground would be great on a match day to go shopping there !

because its a joint application with sainsbury for a netto

I heard that too. Although it's now rumoured that Tesco have offered to build a new TA centre there in exchange for the TA's spot at Manor Top. And plan to open a big Tescos at Manor Top.

Thought Netto had gone bust and the stores were now Iceland and ASDA. Shows how much I know lol

Netto didn't go bust they sold the UK stores to ASDA. The Office of fair trading said ASDA had to sell some of the stores to resolve competition concerns hence why some stores became other retailers ie Iceland(Lane Top)

One thing is clear: the mark up on products must be huge and the confidence to seduce consumers into buying more than what they went in for enormous if it's possible to have LIDL, NETTO, Sainsburys, ASDA so close together. And these are just the supermarkets clustered in that corner; if we extend the area by less than 2 miles we could add Morrisons, ALDI, TESCO as well as smaller stores (2 ICELANDs for example).

I drive past this every day to and from work - seems like now that sainsburies has been built in super quick time the right side of this is finally being completed!

Does anyone have any idea which shops will be there?

Personally I would like to see a decent sports shop and a quality gym

Homebase are winding there business and will not be opening any new stores so that certainly won't be happening. There availability and price are poor too and I think there stores are confusing as what they want to be. They certainly aren't diy anymore as they hardly range diy products, the ones they do are cheap and they have lots of boxed cheap furniture at expensive prices

I drive past this every day to and from work - seems like now that sainsburies has been built in super quick time the right side of this is finally being completed!

Does anyone have any idea which shops will be there?

Personally I would like to see a decent sports shop and a quality gym

A Sportsdirect or something like that would be handy as there isn't any store like that this side of Sheffield. I think there are... 4 gyms within walking distance of Kilner Way though, so don't really see the point in adding another one!

Matalan would be good. There are no actual clothing/household shops in the area apart from in supermarkets.