Kilner Way Retail Park thread

Whoever did the layout for the entrance/exits to the car park needs a poke in the eye.

It is absolutely ridiculous and far too tight.

They're not even close to filling the units they've already built, so I can only assume they're hoping a bigger park with more on it will attract more tenants.

We tend to use Cortonwood more than any other Retail Park. The layout there is good with plenty of parking. I believe there are plans to expand Cortonwood, which works for me, especially if they add a dedicated electrical retailer like Currys.

Regards

Doom

I guess it might become a delivery only access, as the main parking will be at the front. If so, expect it to soon have traffic light priority again.

Last I heard there was plans for a multi-storey car park at the end of that road. This was during the initial building stages and was dependant on the tenants, type of shops etc. I think the bottom story of the empty section was hoped to be let as a supermarket which would've warranted the car park but will now more likely be a car park itself.

Another Gym??

There is already a gym next door, IIRC it's changed hands a bunch of times recently as well.

How are they going to find the clients to stuff another gym in alongside??

Thought Netto had gone bust and the stores were now Iceland and ASDA. Shows how much I know lol

From the Netto press release

"Danish international discount grocery retailer Netto is returning to Britain in an attractive new trial format, bringing a fresh Scandinavian flavour to the UK discount sector. The new-look Netto will take the form of a joint venture combining Dansk Supermarked’s excellence in systems, infrastructure and low-cost operations with Sainsbury’s UK grocery, product sourcing and property expertise, in a compelling customer proposition.

The trial will consist of 15 Netto stores to be opened by the end of 2015, with the first opening their doors in the North of England later this year. If the trial proves successful, the next stage of the joint venture will see the new format rolled out across the country.

Each partner’s initial investment in the joint venture will be £12.5 million, and given start-up costs, each partner expects to incur a post-tax loss in the region of £5-10 million up to 31 March 2015."

Sadly the charity shops are one of the only business models making enough money to pay the rents demanded.

Charity shops don't pay rents! They keep the place well-maintained, insured, heated, looking good etc, but the landlord won't be making money out of them.

If a tenant came along willing to pay real money, the short-term charity shop lease would be terminated in a flash.

So Netto in the area, Sainsbury's building down the road. The Lidl and Asda all in good throwing distance as well. Wouldn't be surprised if a Tesco pops up next.

So Netto in the area, Sainsbury's building down the road. The Lidl and Asda all in good throwing distance as well. Wouldn't be surprised if a Tesco pops up next.

I'm sure I read on here someone claiming that Tesco own the land on Penistone Rd near Charlie Brown's opposite the stadium. So I wouldn't be surprised either.

Charity shops don't pay rents! They keep the place well-maintained, insured, heated, looking good etc, but the landlord won't be making money out of them.

Really? I thought it was council rates that charity shops didn't pay, along with reduced rents to the landlord.

If a tenant came along willing to pay real money, the short-term charity shop lease would be terminated in a flash.

You may be getting confused with business rates which are not payable by charities.