Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Is that the Ryan Gosling film ?

Yes it is.

I also watched a film called 'The Operator', and I give it a 2. It was absolute drivel!

The People vs Larry Flynt was quite funny tho!

Edited by AmberLeaf

Yes it is.

I also watched a film called 'The Operator', and I give it a 2. It was absolute drivel!

The People vs Larry Flynt was quite funny tho!

Drive was very good, a real slow burner that suited Goslings moody style. There was some incredibly long staring scenes with his leading lady Carey Mulligan, I remember saying to the other half it must have taken about an hour to learn all their lines, it worked well though.

Hugh Jackman was supposed to have played the drivers part but had other commitments.

Edited by mickey finn

Testament of youth ,adaptation of the book by Vera Brittain . based on her memoirs from 1900 to 1920, revolving around the first world war,her time at oxford ,and the effects the war had on her personally,which in turn led to her becoming a leading pacifist.9/10.

Drive was very good, a real slow burner that suited Goslings moody style. There was some incredibly long staring scenes with his leading lady Carey Mulligan, I remember saying to the other half it must have taken about an hour to learn all their lines, it worked well though.

Hugh Jackman was supposed to have played the drivers part but had other commitments.

I think Hugh Jackman is better off sticking to being Wolvervine, lol. Ryan Gosling is a good actor, but I'm not remotely tempted to go and see La La Land.

Drive also had some really good 80's style film posters for it.

If ... (Lindsay Anderson - 1968)

Malcolm McDowell's screen debut which led to him being cast as Alex by Kubrick in 'A Clockwork Orange.'

Incandescently angry, bendy and surreal, indicative of the time, and enormously innovative. 8.75/10

I think Hugh Jackman is better off sticking to being Wolvervine, lol. Ryan Gosling is a good actor, but I'm not remotely tempted to go and see La La Land.

Drive also had some really good 80's style film posters for it.

:hihi::hihi:

Shutter island. I've seen this before and enjoyed it but it's well worth watching again once you know the big twist at the end to pick up all the subtle comments etc that you (well, I missed) missed first time around. 8/10

The Gift 3/10

I had high hopes for this as it stars a great actress, Rebecca Hall. And the online reviews I read gushed over it saying how clever & suspenseful it is, that it was one of the best thrillers made in years.

For sure it's very well made but I thought it was incredibly unpleasant and left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Shutter island. I've seen this before and enjoyed it but it's well worth watching again once you know the big twist at the end to pick up all the subtle comments etc that you (well, I missed) missed first time around. 8/10

That is a good film. Even though I'm not a big fan of Leonardo Dicaprio. I watched it a few years back.

As for ' La La Land ', I think they should have cast Hugh Jackman instead:hihi:

Manchester-by-the-Sea

Intense study of grief and family ties. Acting of the highest quality Beautifully shot.

Wonderful stuff 9/10

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - 6.5/10 - I'm more a casual fan than a Trekkie but quite enjoyed this despite it not being a favourite of the Trek crowd, some dated effects and the actors wearing too much make up detract a little.