The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

So is loving babies and Doing Good
These 2 are arguably far easier and straightforward to implement, than world peace...or Brexit! :D

You just described all politicians and Miss World contestants.

It doesn't get us very far even though it sounds good.

Talk is cheap.

But then, it sure stops being cheap, once enough votes are swayed by it. Doesn't it? :twisted:

Care to speculate about how?
Nope.

I'm a cynical realist, not a dreamer: I recognise the wisdom inherent to achieving world peace (it's a good idea, on so many levels), whilst remaining fully aware that it will never be achieved (because humanity is what it is).

The pound will drop to a historic low when it happens

I think the people in charge are now admitting the forecasting on the risks of Brexit were wrong, and now Carney is also admitting it. He also stated: "The risk was greater for continental Europe than for the UK."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38587625

As pointed out before and again now, the pound will recover even if it drops so nothing to worry about.

What, exactly is the value of our currency based upon?

A serious question, as it is obviously not based upon the value of our manufacturing industries, or it would be almost zero.

Why should a comment made by a no mark PM make it plummet in value?

Amusing that you talk about majority voting and Trump isn't it. You know that he got considerably less than half the vote by numbers?

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 18:27 ----------

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=10Y

The pounds has NEVER been this low against the dollar before.

It IS helping exports, but not imports obviously, and we can't export anything unless we first import the raw materials.

Things will get a lot worse, and brexiters seem to actually revel in this fact, or be in complete denial.

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 18:30 ----------

That's starting to sound like an article of faith...

It's also amusing how you jump in without reading what I put. I never said Trump won a majority of the vote.

I said he won using the US system.

But you carry on putting words in other people's mouths, it suits the remoaners agenda.

I think the people in charge are now admitting the forecasting on the risks of Brexit were wrong, and now Carney is also admitting it. He also stated: "The risk was greater for continental Europe than for the UK."

I would say that the break up of the EU is a great risk for the UK, or was Carney meaning something else?

The break up of the EU would surely cause a recession, even if things worked out better in 10 years time.

I would say that the break up of the EU is a great risk for the UK, or was Carney meaning something else?

The break up of the EU would surely cause a recession, even if things worked out better in 10 years time.

I don't think Carney was talking about the possible break up of the EU.

As I understood it he was talking about the risk to the economy being greater for the EU than the UK.

I don't think Carney was talking about the possible break up of the EU.

As I understood it he was talking about the risk to the economy being greater for the EU than the UK.

Then he really has lost the plot.

Then he really has lost the plot.

That may well be the case, I'm just saying what I heard on the radio today.

Mind you we were in fairly heavy traffic at the time and perhaps I misheard.

Just seen on text, he said the risk to the economies of continental Europe was greater, not the EU.

Edited by gomgeg

That may well be the case, I'm just saying what I heard on the radio today.

Mind you we were in fairly heavy traffic at the time and perhaps I misheard.

Me too, I heard it whilst driving.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38587625

As pointed out before and again now, the pound will recover even if it drops so nothing to worry about.

What he said was that the risk of not having a transitional deal in place before Brexit actually happens was,in his opinion,more of a risk for the EU.Now there are quite a few 'transitional deals' that could be done,Brexiteers have even warned against a transitional deal,so as far as I can see,it all comes down to the negotiators on the 2 sides on what they think is the best transitional deal for them,if indeed the UK wants to go for that,which may or may not be the case.

I thought we'd moved on. Did yo want to carry on with fund with false analogies?

In the context of politics an idea which nobody has even the outline of an scheme to implement is rather a non-starter.

In tech R&D people are I suppose free to pursue pie in the sky idea with a low probability of success.

I want world peace. I have no meaningful scheme to get it. Have I had a "good idea"?

Does that not rather settle the matter?

I'd call world peace a good idea.

Regarding DT though I doubt that he can figure out how to tie his own shoelaces in a morning...

---------- Post added 11-01-2017 at 19:56 ----------

It's also amusing how you jump in without reading what I put. I never said Trump won a majority of the vote.

Nor did I say that you said that. Fail.

I said he won using the US system.

And I asked if you were aware that he got <50% of the vote, since that's what you keep carping on about with regards to the referendum.

But you carry on putting words in other people's mouths, it suits the remoaners agenda.

And you keep pretending that I've put words in your mouth so that you can feel outraged. It's about right for a brexit voter, doesn't bother to actually read or understand what's been written.

I'd call world peace a good idea.

Regarding DT though I doubt that he can figure out how to tie his own shoelaces in a morning...

---------- Post added 11-01-2017 at 19:56 ----------

Nor did I say that you said that. Fail.

And I asked if you were aware that he got <50% of the vote, since that's what you keep carping on about with regards to the referendum.

And you keep pretending that I've put words in your mouth so that you can feel outraged. It's about right for a brexit voter, doesn't bother to actually read or understand what's been written.

For someone who spends every waking hour sneering at people and calling them uneducated you're not very good at reading are you David.

What's the fact that Donald Trump won on the US electoral system got to do with the referendum being won on a majority system?

But we all know it's a usual trick of yours having lost the argument on the referendum. Fail. But you're good at that.