Smartly dressed woman asking for money round the station last night

This woman is a totally different class than the blond haired woman, you could almost genuinely believe that she has lost her purse, which makes it all the more galling...

I had someone asking me for cash to go to a B&B cos they'd only been on the streets "for 2 days" and it was cold! Luckily I had the perfect "excuse". I've just started a new job so have little money till I get paid!

Anyway, my question is: If any homeless people want to get shelter, does the Council or any charities have anything available? I'd like to be able to point him in the right direction next time!

I had someone asking me for cash to go to a B&B cos they'd only been on the streets "for 2 days" and it was cold! Luckily I had the perfect "excuse". I've just started a new job so have little money till I get paid!

Anyway, my question is: If any homeless people want to get shelter, does the Council or any charities have anything available? I'd like to be able to point him in the right direction next time!

Now there's a thought - if someone COULD post thse contact details then we could print some postcards on our PCs with the details on and dish them out when we get approached....

I suppose many of you will have been to Spain and quite probably seen a different form of begging.

The women that sit at the side of the road with a new born baby in there arms asking for money, at 3am , and more than likely the so called baby is a doll, or even worse the baby as been "borrowed" from the real mother just for this purpose. I have seen this in BENIDORM MARBELLA AND SALOU but I suppose it happens almost everywhere in Spain. This wrong and nobody should give them money if nobody gave they would pack it in.

Had a family friend who gave this woman 20 pounds. Is definitely a con.

Can't help but think that it's because good hearted people fall for it and give them £20, that they keep on doing it. I wouldn't think that anyone who has genuinely lost their bus fare / had their purse nicked would be asking complete strangers for money. Wise up people.

Yes, it used to be mainly Spanish gipsies... now it's mostly Eastern-Europeans doing this in Spain, although I have heard of quite a white Spaniards getting rich doing this... I think the councils 'moved on' organised gangs in places like the Alhambra who'll 'guard' your car for a fee or pester you to get your fortune read! The really annoying one for me is when people get into underground trains and pretend to play an instrument when they are really only playing a CD! One such guy in Paris decided we were all stingy b**** because after standing his choice of canned music didn't pay him as well!

Forgot to say this usually is more likely to happen in tourist haunts... more likely to fall for it and lots of guilty feelings and ready cash!

Definitely was not the blonde haired woman. Saw her today and she looks as filthy and smelly as ever and it would take much longer than 48hrs to look that awful

Apparently Gemma hasn't been seen for a long time now. I just asked Farmgirl as she occasionally came into contact with her through her work. 'Not seen her for months' was the reply I just got so she's either moved on or her addiction has finally got the better of her. :suspect::roll:

Soz to dig up an old thread but I couldn't find the original thread relating to Gemma - blonde haired hooded woman asking for money.

At least the blonde haired woman bothered to make up a story and speak to you. The ones I hate are those who just approach with hands out.

i'm glad this thread got dug up.

a month or so back i was approached by a well turned out blond young woman with this story, near the wig and pen.

sounds like she's still around then.

Apparently Gemma hasn't been seen for a long time now. I just asked Farmgirl as she occasionally came into contact with her through her work. 'Not seen her for months' was the reply I just got so she's either moved on or her addiction has finally got the better of her. :suspect::roll:

Soz to dig up an old thread but I couldn't find the original thread relating to Gemma - blonde haired hooded woman asking for money.

Gemma has an ASBO preventing her from begging in the city centre and has been prosecuted for breaking it more than once. She's not around any more so there are one of two scenerios

a) She's cleaned up and is doing well

b) She's moved on to another city where she doesn't have an ASBO and isn't well known.

I really hope for her sake it is "a" but to be honest I know it probably isn't........

I was asked for money by a middle aged man sat outside the co-op in town the other day, looked cleanish and tidy and sat smoking, he asked for a pound for a cup of tea.

This really annoys me, I have very little money myself and I would like to bet that most of the time these "beggars" have more than I have got....I never , ever give them anything!