Internet explorer keeps closing

Yesterday got message of large update for win 10, clicked ok, took ages. This morning every time I try to use internet through explora or edge the page opens for me to type but closes before I have time to do anything. I am writing this on iPad as can't get forum on desktop. Tried rebooting but no joy. Any help welcome please

How can I download a new browser when I can't get into explora to download it

Really would like to stick with explora as don't know much about command prompt etc. Why can't I just get explora as before. As the update cocked something up?

Really would like to stick with explora as don't know much about command prompt etc. Why can't I just get explora as before. As the update cocked something up?

First, its Explorer...

And secondly, you may need an alternative / working browser to fix your issue..

Also, trying a different browser helps eliminate causes of the issue, because if another browser doesn't work, then the issue is not likely to be explorer, and we can look further into it...

Do I have to do what swarfedo43 told me to do in his post. ,bit technical for me. Could it just be a setting somewhere? Thought I might try system restore but this was switched off

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 08:44 ----------

Hi. Still stuck ,can't get explorer or edge to load, what help can anyone give me please

Try:

Restart the computer and then

Click Start ( thats the window icon bottom left on the taskbar )

Click Settings ( thats the gear wheel )

Click Update & Security ( thats the last item on the panel, takes you into the windows update dialog)

Click Check for updates

If the computer searches and installs updates, you may be prompted to restart.

If the computer says its up to date. I do not know what to suggest, maybe you have a

capable person living near you who could help you out.

I have been trying all sorts, on the way I came across win help. Selected live chat. Agent wanted to give him remote assistance to my com. Didn't like doing this so asked for a solution. For some reason he told me to uninstall trusteer endpoint protection. This protects my bank details etc. as this prog causes conflict with explorer and edge. Not tried it yet what do you people think? Is it a scam or will it be ok. .

Live chat with who?

You should be able to have a friend download the install program for Google Chrome, put it on USB stick and then you can install that on your computer.

Prob now sorted,removed trusteer and I can now open my browser, red about it on google through my iPad. Will try loading trusteer in a couple of days ibm might have done a update on the program. Seems to have affected a lot of computers. Thanks everyone for your input sheff forum comes to my help again