Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

What about scooters? They're noisy but they're also very cheap to run and to insure. You can't expect someone to buy a car/motorbike and pay so much more just to keep a few people happy.

Sorry, I think there`s been a breakdown in communication here.

Scooters, just like all other motor bikes and cars, are acceptably quiet with the originally fitted exhaust. These ignorants deliberately choose to fit a more noisy exhaust.

Far from sounding "sportier", many people actually think there`s something wrong with the particular vehicle so God knows why they do it, particularly in the case of a scooter, it just makes them sound even more poxy......

I think that could be the <removed> who lives in our apartment block. He loves that bike so much he takes it IN THE HOUSE!

Edited by Merlina
swearing

I live in Wharncliffe Side and hear a loud bike most mornings at about 6ish - and it's definitely someone with a wide open throttle and a clear road (well, so far anyway).

I live in Wharncliffe Side and hear a loud bike most mornings at about 6ish - and it's definitely someone with a wide open throttle and a clear road (well, so far anyway).

I wonder whether it`s the same ignorant <removed> ?

Edited by Merlina
swearing

Please refrain from swearing ........otherwise this thread will be closed

Can't be as bad as the Doves on our roof ridge cooing away incessantly from 4:30 in the morning, or the **** Pheasant in the field across the lane shrieking at some imaginary rival, or the Blackbird in the garden who thinks it has seen a cat or a hawk or whatever...

At least a noisy bike is gone in a few seconds. :rolleyes:

to be honest im not a fan of the loud exhausts but if thats what they want to do leave them be its not really a massive inconvenience and if you ban one thing it will set the ball rolling and before you know it we will be driving those god awful toyota hybrids. oh and its not just for the noise quite often people fit them for performance.

I wonder if it's the same knuckle dragger who I hear everymorning at 0530 in stocksbridge , it's a blue and White coloured bike , must be something council can do , "noise pollution "?

Oh my god he they wake me every morning about 6 I live in oughtibridge, I was only telling the neighbours about this last night. The only upside is that once he wakes me I look at my watch and realise I still have over an hour of sleep left :)

And I dread to think what speed he is going at, he sounds like he is totally thrashing it!

Please refrain from swearing ........otherwise this thread will be closed

I have to say I`m a little annoyed at the deletion of that word because it implies I actually was swearing. I`ve got to tell you very few people I`ve ever met would consider that word swearing or even worthy of comment. If you want to write creatively you need some words which, how can I put it, apply emphasis.