Yorkshireman Rock Bar - Cross Burgess Street

If you're idea of good is hobgoblin, trooper and doom bar, then yes. It isn't mine. Which is a shame, as I quite like the pub

As the saying goes....you cant please everybody.

I've been told today that as of last weekend The Yorkshireman is closed for 5 weeks due to the license. ....is this true? We were hoping to go there next weekend?

I've been told today that as of last weekend The Yorkshireman is closed for 5 weeks due to the license. ....is this true? We were hoping to go there next weekend?

mi mate from up here went the other day before agig and said it was closed

As one of the yorkshireman dj's, I can tell you that this Is definitely wrong..it's open right now !

As one of the yorkshireman dj's, I can tell you that this Is definitely wrong..it's open right now !

Brilliant Thanks. See you next Saturday

---------- Post added 09-09-2017 at 12:09 ----------

It seems to me that there's 'gossip' coming from maybe a rival rock bar that the Yorkshireman is closed to attract the 'publess' customers to their premises?

The bar that was mentioned earlier isn't a rock bar. They just put rock bands on every now and again.

Did I say that the 'bar mentioned earlier' was the Rock bar that could be causing the Gossip??? There are other Rock Bars in Sheffield

Did I say that the 'bar mentioned earlier' was the Rock bar that could be causing the Gossip??? There are other Rock Bars in Sheffield

As far as I'm aware, the only full time rock bars in Sheffield are the yorkshireman, and the dove & rainbow.

I've also heard the rumours about the yorkshireman (all false) and they certainly didn't come from the dove..however the bar in question has been mentioned in this thread..

There is the Three Cranes on Queen Street good rock music.

Not a full time rock bar though.

Slightly off-topic but I noticed that the Rockin Chair was shut on Saturday and is being renamed Café Totem. Still doing the music downstairs but upstairs more of a café bar with a promise of lagers and ales 'back on the bar' rather than just the old ropey bottle range. Could be worth a visit. Haven't done a 'rock bar' crawl for some time!

I quite like the gig space downstairs so hope it does ok.