Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Are you being obtuse on purpose? What if there were only two races?

What are the only 2 races?

Put it this way... if a white person listens to 'black' music and then claims to be black, are they black?

Edited by leviathan13

What are the only 2 races?

What does the word "if" mean? It was an analogy and you haven't grasped it.

I give up.

I give up.

That was my point - you're being hypothetical; you know there are more than two races so the mixing of genes can be more varied than the mixing of chromosomes. Your point falls down instantly because you're trying to use the same rules for two different arguments.

That was my point - you're being hypothetical; you know there are more than two races so the mixing of genes can be more varied than the mixing of chromosomes. Your point falls down instantly because you're trying to use the same rules for two different arguments.

I didn't claim it was a perfect analogy.

Why do you care so much?

I've said before that unisex loos are the way to go. The logic behind separated mens and womens toilets was due to an assumed sexual attraction between men and women and that might be uncomfortable for some people, fine. But how does that work in gay clubs? Are gay men uncomfortable peeing next to a guy they might fancy? Are lesbians worried that the girl they've been chatting up all night might hear them pee? It's a bit daft when you think about it. I've been to several gay clubs where they have unisex toilets and no-one even bats an eyelid about it.

However in favour of a third gender neutral toilet would mean I could use it with the same level of guilt when I nip to the disabled if there's a massive queue for the ladies. Win all round I say :)

I was down in the south last week and the toilet block in the town centre had one mens urinal block and the rest of the cubicles were unisex.It saved everybody waiting for the gents or ladies.

I didn't claim it was a perfect analogy.

Why do you care so much?

Because it's something i've read and watched a lot about and i've found to be interesting. I may not agree and i may be very sceptical about gender fluidity, but it's a topic i enjoy debating.

Many people having their own opinions on the subject means that it creates a healthy discussion that i've enjoyed being part of.

Why do you care?

Because it's something i've read and watched a lot about and i've found to be interesting. I may not agree and i may be very sceptical about gender fluidity, but it's a topic i enjoy debating.

Many people having their own opinions on the subject means that it creates a healthy discussion that i've enjoyed being part of.

Why do you care?

About people who neither identify as men or women? I don't. Life is too short. Crack on.

About people who neither identify as men or women? I don't. Life is too short. Crack on.

So what should i be talking about?

That is an argument you could apply to any debate... so what's the point of talking and why have you joined a public forum if life is too short to talk about anything?

So what should i be talking about?

That is an argument you could apply to any debate... so what's the point of talking and why have you joined a public forum if life is too short to talk about anything?

Yeah, that's why I didn't say life is too short to talk about anything. Life is too short for me to be troubled by this particular thing.

You asked if gender is like a spectrum. I provided an analogy. Saying Barack Obama is white makes just as much sense as saying he is black. Both are wrong.

If someone neither identifies as male or female then yes, I guess they sit on a spectrum between the two. Intersex or intergender seems a reasonable term to me.

I have no issue with unisex toilets. I've used loads in Europe. They weren't labelled as unisex toilets though. They were labelled as the "Toilet."

Edited by Jacko92

Yeah, that's why I didn't say life is too short to talk about anything. Life is too short for me to be troubled by this particular thing.

You asked if gender is like a spectrum. I provided an analogy. Saying Barack Obama is white makes just as much sense as saying he is black. Both are wrong.

If someone neither identifies as male or female then yes, I guess they sit on a spectrum between the two. Intersex or intergender seems a reasonable term to me.

I have no issue with unisex toilets. I've used loads in Europe. They weren't labelled as unisex toilets though. They were labelled as the "Toilet."

So everything is a social construct, despite what the eyes see and ears hear?

I give up.

You really like to use the word "if" in all your posts don't you . Its like an escape clause for you

So everything is a social construct, despite what the eyes see and ears hear?

I have no problem with someone who neither identifies as male or female.

---------- Post added 13-09-2017 at 22:46 ----------

You really like to use the word "if" in all your posts don't you . Its like an escape clause for you

If you say so.