Prospects for the Sheffield clubs this coming season?

New season on its way. What's the prospects for your club this coming season do you think?

How about you Owls? Are you going to blast your way to promotion, like you said last season, or are you expecting a tough time, what with all these high earners on the books and up against the FFP buffers? :o

And what about you Blades? The club is doing it's old trick of selling off it's best young players again isn't it? And the strike force is old enough to qualify for Dad's Army! Can you possibly repeat the high standards of last season with a weakened squad - or maybe you don't think the squad is weaker?

And what about Blades views on Owls and vice-versa? I know, you don't give a fig about each others prospects, but it was quite funny last season when the Owls fans were telling the Blades how hard the division was and how they'd struggle - and the Blades ended up higher than Owls and gave them a pasting in their own back yard as well! :hihi:

Too early to predict

Too early to predict

Spot on, OP must be bored!

New season on its way. What's the prospects for your club this coming season do you think?

How about you Owls? Are you going to blast your way to promotion, like you said last season, or are you expecting a tough time, what with all these high earners on the books and up against the FFP buffers? :o

And what about you Blades? The club is doing it's old trick of selling off it's best young players again isn't it? And the strike force is old enough to qualify for Dad's Army! Can you possibly repeat the high standards of last season with a weakened squad - or maybe you don't think the squad is weaker?

And what about Blades views on Owls and vice-versa? I know, you don't give a fig about each others prospects, but it was quite funny last season when the Owls fans were telling the Blades how hard the division was and how they'd struggle - and the Blades ended up higher than Owls and gave them a pasting in their own back yard as well! :hihi:

Don't care how the Blades do tbh ?only interested in the Owls but at the minute to early too say .

Edited by owl.66

Ah ok! It's too early to say then. I should have asked the question a bit later. But I asked it already now. Bad timing on my part. At some point though it would be good to get some answers to the question before the season starts.

A lot will depend on what happens between now and then.

Will Wednesday manage to unload their expensive and unwanted players? Will that free up some cash to allow them to get a few players in who do give two hoots about being an Owl?

Will United make decent money available, especially from the sale of Brooks, but on top of that as well, for Wilder to strengthen the team - or will that money disappear into the depth of the accounts and never be seen again?

I see these two things as being pivotal to the season ahead for our clubs.

We will know better, later on for sure. But I think United will struggle to better last season's achievements, whilst Wednesday will struggle to do worse!:hihi:

I'd expect us to do alot better no matter who stays and goes. Probably mid table for united but without knowing the squads it's hard to know how either will do

I’d expect both clubs to do better than this thread.

Poor old Tuppy started it to get a rise. It didn’t, so he’s tried again.

Sort of a League Two troll thread.

I’d expect both clubs to do better than this thread.

Poor old Tuppy started it to get a rise. It didn’t, so he’s tried again.

Sort of a League Two troll thread.

Tbh I think thats unfair on the op:huh:.

Only asking a question to what both fans think.

Wednesday will fly high this season, I've no doubt.

Well, that's unless we sell our 'star' players in the meantime.

If we do sell, I'll be really upset, but I'll probably come on here and say summat like 'I didn't really like Forestieri anyway' or 'What's Kieran Lee ever done for us?',

or ''I'm glad to see the back of Bannan'.

I hope no clubs come calling, and we should go well this time round.

Basically, it's down to the players. They clocked off and didn't play for Carlos last season, and then a large chunk of 'em got injured in Waitrose or somewhere.

If the attitudes good and they play for the club and the fans, we'll do pretty well.

All ifs ................................. all buts ...........................

Wednesday to smash the league and run out clear winners,them lot will struggle in this league, they might even end up in a relegation battle.

Oh and Wednesday to smash them 0-4 and 4-0 to make up for the shower of shine last season.

You heard it here 1st!

Wednesday to smash the league and run out clear winners,them lot will struggle in this league, they might even end up in a relegation battle.

Oh and Wednesday to smash them 0-4 and 4-0 to make up for the shower of shine last season.

You heard it here 1st!

If Carlsberg did predictions..... :hihi:

Barring another bout of injuries I would expect Wednesday to be there or there abouts. As for United I suspect it will depend on what they do in the transfer window so too early to call.

Blades 20/1 for the league ,Owls 25/1

The odds are probably about right .

Baring a couple of good signings i wouldn't back either though.:)