Pink floyd and the wizard oz

:) dont no if ive posted this topic before but anyway has anyone ever watched the wizard of oz while playing dark side of the moon i tried it earlier and its kind of freaky

I do have it and did watch it a while ago. They sort-of combine, but I think it's as much coincidence as anything else. I do wonder what the person was on when they spotted it though!

No such thing as a COINCIDENCE. Everything happens for a reason... Everything is connected!!!

They did this on purpose but they dont seem to wanna admit it for some reason..

I`d never tryied, but now that i`m know this, i have to try as fast as posible xD

the wizard of oz 1939 version is on a.b.movies.xvid im going to download it this morning and try dsotm and this video tonight.

The running time of the Wizard of Oz is more than twice as long as DSOTM - hard to see how they can "combine".

I`d never tryied, but now that i`m know this, i have to try as fast as posible xD
Excellent John.. Welcome to sheffieldforum :)

Welcome to the site :)

I read starting it from the beg side 1 @ the start of the movie syncs right up. (After the lion roars)

The running time of the Wizard of Oz is more than twice as long as DSOTM - hard to see how they can "combine".

:hihi: you're always there poo pooing and pouring scorn on conspiracy intrigue threads. You're a Freemason and I claim my 5 pounds. :hihi:

Oh yes it most certainly is :)

1 of my favs!

No such thing as a COINCIDENCE. Everything happens for a reason... Everything is connected!!!

They did this on purpose but they dont seem to wanna admit it for some reason..

Whatever that reason is, I am pretty sure that the Wizard of Oz was not Alan Parsons' motivation when producing Dark Side Of The Moon. Can't see Mr Waters and Co. writing those songs with Dorothy in mind either, but that could be just me.;) Saying that a lot of great movies have used great songs on their soundtracks, so there you go.

Edited by Ontarian1981