Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Went to see Bruce Dickinson on Sunday in Manchester. He's doing a tour to promote his autobiography.

He was funny, charismatic, engaging, charming, witty, enthusiastic...

Soooooooo annoying just how talented the geezer is!!! The ticket also included a signed copy of the book and a bottle of Trooper beer to enjoy whilst watching him.

A thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

Do Evanescence count as heavy rock, as I really like them.

Do Evanescence count as heavy rock, as I really like them.

Kind of, I suppose they're akin to Goth Metal or something like that. Is Amy Lee still fronting the band ?

Went to see Bruce Dickinson on Sunday in Manchester. He's doing a tour to promote his autobiography.

He was funny, charismatic, engaging, charming, witty, enthusiastic...

Soooooooo annoying just how talented the geezer is!!! The ticket also included a signed copy of the book and a bottle of Trooper beer to enjoy whilst watching him.

A thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

I’m annoyed it was on the same night as Metallica in London so had to miss it. Just finished his audiobook and it was phenomenal, he is a great story teller and has had a truly fascinating life.

I’m annoyed it was on the same night as Metallica in London so had to miss it. Just finished his audiobook and it was phenomenal, he is a great story teller and has had a truly fascinating life.

The couple of bottles of Trooper went down well whilst watching him (I had my mate's as he doesn't drink. Bonus!!!)

It was great that he talked a bit about Worksop. I'm aware that many famous people like to ignore their humble beginnings, but Bruce embraced it.

Top geezer and definitely someone I would love to go for a pint with.

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 12:25 ----------

For those who are interested, thrash titans TESTAMENT have announced a UK tour!

Following the release of Brotherhood of the Snake last year, this is the tour I've been waiting for. I saw them supporting Amon Amarth, but they only had an hour of stage time, so a headline tour is a pant-wettingly good thing!!!

I'm sorry but the last bit made my chuckle internally. Sounds like your son hangs with major celebrity's.

---------- Post added 13-09-2017 at 17:08 ----------

You look like harry Halford from priest.

Well when l dye my goatee black and put on round glasses l am a spit of him but with no brummie accent ..

Kind of, I suppose they're akin to Goth Metal or something like that. Is Amy Lee still fronting the band ?

Yes, and there new album Synthesis is out soon :)

Yes, and there new album Synthesis is out soon :)

That band would be nothing if it wasn't fronted by her.

Corrosion of Conformity release their new album 'No Cross No Crown' on 12/01/2018! Their first one with Pepper Keenan for over a decade.

I'm as excited for this as I was for Testament's new one last year. Fingers crossed for a UK tour.

Corrosion of Conformity release their new album 'No Cross No Crown' on 12/01/2018! Their first one with Pepper Keenan for over a decade.

I'm as excited for this as I was for Testament's new one last year. Fingers crossed for a UK tour.

awesome...

Larry Miller best guitarist I've never heard of, loads of albums on amazon free to stream on Amazon prime.

So, to try and kick this thread along and keep it going...

Who's listening to what?

What gigs have people got lined up?

Is anyone going to the HRH NWOBHM event at the O2 Academy this weekend? If so, who are you checking out?