The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

La Luna on Ecclesall Road South is pretty good.

La Luna on Ecclesall Road South is pretty good.

Ooh yes I agree! Only small but the food is lovely and its BYO !

I started reading the first page of this thread from 2007 and saw Kito's in Woodseats mentioned. A good sign of a place that it's still going strong, we've always enjoyed it every time we've been in.

B B's in the centre, I think its West Street? Its nice and initmate and the food is lovely.

Yes I've been there few times too - food is amazing and the staff are very friendly

Not in Sheffield, but the recently opened "W" restaurant in Wickersley, Rotherham is really good. Lovely ambience and (judging from my first visit today) authentic Italian cuisine.

What's the one in Crosspool like - anyone been recently? I don't mean Papa Ciccio's, the other, posher-looking one.

Maybe it's not technically Italian it's Sardinian..but Akentannos on Sharrow Vale Rd is quite good..

He's doubling the size of the restaurant with closure of the P.O. next door so i hear

Leo's Italian Express in Walkley - previously an amazing takeaway, has recently opened a restaurant as well. Highly recommend it great food, service, atmospehere and decor.

Maybe it's not technically Italian it's Sardinian..but Akentannos on Sharrow Vale Rd is quite good..

He's doubling the size of the restaurant with closure of the P.O. next door so i hear

Think Mario is turning the P.O. into a small bar type area for pre dinner drinks etc. I would imagine it will be similar to Vero Gusto in the town centre.

La Gondola , Carver Sreet is reasonably priced and fair choice of meals. It caters very well for big groups, had my 50th birthday meal there 22 in the party and no complaints, good service, decent food.

BB's in town is delicious food and have a wide choice of options on the menu, friendly staff. You can take your own alcohol too which saves on the cost.

I also like Marco at Milano, its quite pricey but lovely food. You have to leave a deposit to book for Saturday nights though, let them down and you lose your deposit on bank card, think its £20.

La Gondola , Carver Sreet is reasonably priced and fair choice of meals. It caters very well for big groups, had my 50th birthday meal there 22 in the party and no complaints, good service, decent food.

I went there once and then at a certain point in the evening the owner or senior barman or whatever picked up a microphone and proceeded to do karaoke, or possibly what he imagined was crooning in a ghastly 1970s style. Absolutely awful. Not what we wanted from an Italian restaurant experience and we have never set foot in there since. Does that still happen?

So in town I'd stick with BB's. Can't go wrong there.

So in town I'd stick with BB's. Can't go wrong there.

BB's is fine at their price point.

Everything is as you would expect from an "Italian" but they don't serve turbot, wild boar, venison or lobster as that would totally destroy their market position as cheap and cheerful.

I don't tend to go out to restaurants who just do the basics, I can do most things from their menu at home, using better ingredients for a quarter of the price.

I can't make lobster ravioli at home or wild boar ragu or truffle omelette so those are the sort of things I eat when I go to a restaurant