The IKEA in Sheffield thread

It's very easy to build your own bed. Get some solid wood planks and timber, cut it put it together and get some good varnish. It will look better and last longer than what you get from Ikea.

It's very easy to build your own bed. Get some solid wood planks and timber, cut it put it together and get some good varnish. It will look better and last longer than what you get from Ikea.

4 pallets and a mattress?

I love how the terrified anti-car council are issuing statements along the lines of:

' STAY AWAY from the Meadowhall and Ikea area, there will be some traffic!!'

"- CARS AAGGHH -"

"It might be like Christmas!"

"Use the Tram or walk along the canal when you go to buy your new very large furniture"

We have announced a feasibility study looking at capacity issues close to the Meadowhall junction and will continue to assess how we the network can adapt to this rapidly changing area of the city.” - How many years has it been in planning?

Don't worry, i'm sure your Council are going to try and put a stop to the flow of money coming near the City as soon as possible.

I haven't seen any statements like those you have listed above. Where could I find them?

I haven't seen any statements like those you have listed above. Where could I find them?

I googled Sheffield IKEA Council.

It was on the Star's website earlier. I cannot seem to find it now - either overlooked or been updated. Personally, it's not a bad thing that they are putting traffic warnings and travel advice in the public domain. I suppose people would moan if they weren't forewarned and ended up getting stuck in the chaos. Damned if you, damned if you don't :roll:

It was on the Star's website earlier. I cannot seem to find it now - either overlooked or been updated. Personally, it's not a bad thing that they are putting traffic warnings and travel advice in the public domain. I suppose people would moan if they weren't forewarned and ended up getting stuck in the chaos. Damned if you, damned if you don't :roll:

I think this is the article?...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/how-ikea-customers-can-avoid-traffic-chaos-during-sheffield-store-s-opening-weekend-1-8773031

There's an IKEA in Sheffield?

No-one said owt

I hope Corbyn gets in and makes them pay more corporation tax.

They are set up as a not for profit organisation based in the Netherlands.

The Ikea branding side is a small separate company and the part of the business they pay tax on.

It's a miniscule amount compared to the whole business's earnings.

Had a quick look today. It looks very nice. Taken tram there and x1 back to town. Parking looked full and the retail parking lott was also very full. Ikea itself could handle the crowd, couldn't get mobile signal in most of the building. Will go and have another look when got some more time.

Think it be easier to park at retail when driving, just make sure to get out in three hours.

I hope Corbyn gets in and makes them pay more corporation tax.

They are set up as a not for profit organisation based in the Netherlands.

The Ikea branding side is a small separate company and the part of the business they pay tax on.

It's a miniscule amount compared to the whole business's earnings.

Thankfully he'll never get in so don't worry your little head about it.

Thankfully he'll never get in so don't worry your little head about it.

Even if he did get in they will not allow him to do anything silly. England is politically locked and blocked, no room for development.

Might have another look there tomorrow, their prices or quality of products aren't any better than some other shops around.

I love how the terrified anti-car council are issuing statements along the lines of:

' STAY AWAY from the Meadowhall and Ikea area, there will be some traffic!!'

"- CARS AAGGHH -"

"It might be like Christmas!"

"Use the Tram or walk along the canal when you go to buy your new very large furniture"

We have announced a feasibility study looking at capacity issues close to the Meadowhall junction and will continue to assess how we the network can adapt to this rapidly changing area of the city.” - How many years has it been in planning?

Don't worry, i'm sure your Council are going to try and put a stop to the flow of money coming near the City as soon as possible.

Having walked there along the canal you could float back on your new very large furniture along the canal :cool: