The IKEA in Sheffield thread

hi we worked on ikea , i was impressed by the senior staff and other . very friendly indeed

. A very nice company to work for or the set up seems professional

The preview last night was excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great store. I left feeling very impressed and looking forward to going again very soon.

All this fuss over some flat pack furniture :P

I don't think people realise there was one down the road in Notts and one up in Leeds before!

All this fuss over some flat pack furniture :P

I don't think people realise there was one down the road in Notts and one up in Leeds before!

I think they do and that's why they're pleased to have one on the doorstep !

They sell a lot more than flat pack furniture you know :rolleyes:

I love Ikea and will be down there soon enough when all the dust has settled.

The preview last night was excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great store. I left feeling very impressed and looking forward to going again very soon.

Which was obviously the point of the preview night. Do you need more furniture, are are you going to and buy some stuff you don't need because of the impressive preview show?

An IKEA in Sheffield feels nice, like a bit of Sweden has come to stay. Aquavit, meatballs, lingonberry sauce, crayfish, and 12 kinds of pickled herring are now in town.

I wouldn't buy their lighting products though. <shiver>

Which was obviously the point of the preview night. Do you need more furniture, are are you going to and buy some stuff you don't need because of the impressive preview show?

Yawwwwwn :rolleyes:

Totally agree, it's a shopping experience as well as a way to shop.... a lot bigger than Leeds or Nottingham too.

---------- Post added 27-09-2017 at 20:32 ----------

So if people are not bothered about the thought of and Ikea in Sheffield and the ethos of what they have to offer then why bother commenting or belittling those who do care about the products this shop sells ?

Last Ikea visit seven years ago. Got some kitchen taps, they are still in use and mint condition.

We need some minor items and I may go tomorrow to get them.

I will be fine but my friend will be overwhelmed and grab and buy things just to get high.

I love how the terrified anti-car council are issuing statements along the lines of:

' STAY AWAY from the Meadowhall and Ikea area, there will be some traffic!!'

"- CARS AAGGHH -"

"It might be like Christmas!"

"Use the Tram or walk along the canal when you go to buy your new very large furniture"

We have announced a feasibility study looking at capacity issues close to the Meadowhall junction and will continue to assess how we the network can adapt to this rapidly changing area of the city.” - How many years has it been in planning?

Don't worry, i'm sure your Council are going to try and put a stop to the flow of money coming near the City as soon as possible.

Edited by beansforyou

i just cant believe all the hype for a cheap furniture store?? the stuffs not even that good! and almost every house i go in has has been ikead!!! if thats a word within an inch of its life:roll: bland is the word:gag: