The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Furniture retailers are in for a tough time.

DFS shares down 20% on rumours of a profits warning

So much good second hand stuff on ebay and gumtree, why buy new?

Because people prefer new? I know I do. I wouldn't buy much second hand - it just doesn't appeal to me.

Interviewing thats why.

---------- Post added 19-06-2017 at 21:34 ----------

September for opening. Im going to be working there.

Interviewing?..Dressed in the company uniform?...That's never been required attire when I've been for an interview?

I am aware that a lot of people (who have already been recruited) are doing their 'training' at the Leeds Ikea....So maybe they are providing transport.

Interviewing?..Dressed in the company uniform?...That's never been required attire when I've been for an interview?

I am aware that a lot of people (who have already been recruited) are doing their 'training' at the Leeds Ikea....So maybe they are providing transport.

Yes! Interviewing. I was there!!!

I never intend to go there.

It's going to cause traffic chaos. I've seen the mess it causes on the M6 at Wednesbury

When the Meadowhall exterior refurbishment starts in 2018 it's going to get worse. The plan is to demolish the upper level car parks at the front of the centre and drop them to surface level with an open air eating and drinking area.

I can't see how sitting still on the M1 for 40 minutes to buy a flat pack table is worth it.

It's already crazy around Christmas time and even worse when there's an event on at the arena.

Often when there's an accident on the Parkway, at rush hour, the traffic diverts via Meadowhall.

Sheffield CC have installed a computer controlled traffic management system (those little black spheres on the lights). It doesn't seem to have improved the situation.

I've been working at Meadowhall since 2006 and it's got worse year on year.

Edited by alembic

Absolutely sensational news and news I've been waiting for since Spring!

I have already booked the day off and will be getting there (for a good parking space) in the early hours of the morning.

Just back from a trip to the new Ikea (got a special invite through a friend for the soft launch) and was duly impressed.

Layout wise, it was good. The store is humongous and cafe more accesible from various parts of the store.

Signage explaining the layouts, numbering the departments were very helpful.

Lots of staff on hand too. All in all, a very good aditiion to the Sheffield retail scene.

Can't wait to spend more of my hard earned money on Ikea :hihi::roll:

Just back from a trip to the new Ikea (got a special invite through a friend for the soft launch) and was duly impressed.

Layout wise, it was good. The store is humongous and cafe more accesible from various parts of the store.

Signage explaining the layouts, numbering the departments were very helpful.

Lots of staff on hand too. All in all, a very good aditiion to the Sheffield retail scene.

Can't wait to spend more of my hard earned money on Ikea :hihi::roll:

Sounds good :) I'm off tomorrow night for a look.

I've just spent the last 22 hours in there for work purposes.

Fantastic building. Very tired now though and thankfully I'm off until the 29th. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

See you all in there soon though.