Freshers arrive this weekend

There are lots of gantry signs (esp. around the University areas), warning of student influx.

Apart from knowing that they're arriving, I'm not sure what else we're expected to do.

I guess that the gantry signs (signifying arrivals) are the counterpart of the black bin bag mountains (signifying departures).

the urban foxes will be looking forward to lots of thrown away kebab meat and spew.

I haven't enjoyed the gridlocked traffic over the weekend, but it is lovely to see fresh faced students with excited faces smiling as they walk around with their new friends.

I haven't enjoyed the gridlocked traffic over the weekend, but it is lovely to see fresh faced students with excited faces smiling as they walk around with their new friends.

They remind me of lost penguins.

'Friends' - you mean 'acquaintances'? Give it two weeks and you can guarantee those people won't be so friendly! Most students spend ages trying to ditch the 'friends' they made in their first few days!

'Friends' - you mean 'acquaintances'? Give it two weeks and you can guarantee those people won't be so friendly! Most students spend ages trying to ditch the 'friends' they made in their first few days!

Speak for yourself! :) On my course, the group I was with stayed together for three years, and most of us lived very closely together for those years, if not the same house.

Were you the person people tried to ditch? ;):hihi:

---------- Post added 19-09-2017 at 11:36 ----------

They remind me of lost penguins.

I'm intrigued - how would you know when a penguin was lost? How do you know where they're intending to go?! :D

the urban foxes will be looking forward to lots of thrown away kebab meat and spew.

See. Everyone wins!

I'm looking forward to the boost in 'parkrun' numbers.

We may do 2k again.

9am Saturday - 5k - Timed - Cafe nearby - Free forever!

Wow I bet you're fun at parties.

Wow I bet you're fun at parties.

There are a lot of morose people on this site :roll: