Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

so where would you draw the line?

According to the tramlines webiste - they are going to inform residents if they are successful or not by this Friday ... (25th May)

Will be interesting to see the outcome .. especially if those who live literally yards away from the park end up with no free tickets.

Was there some agreement in them getting the licence to run in Hillsborough Park about giving away free tickets to residents? I believe there quite often is with these sorts of events.

Was there some agreement in them getting the licence to run in Hillsborough Park about giving away free tickets to residents? I believe there quite often is with these sorts of events.

Yeah that usually happens. But it usually covers an area where everybody will be affected. Tramlines just screams profit profit profit this year with how they've gone about the whole thing. High prices, no day tickets, not a big ballot...

Yeah that usually happens. But it usually covers an area where everybody will be affected. Tramlines just screams profit profit profit this year with how they've gone about the whole thing. High prices, no day tickets, not a big ballot...

Wait until next year.....

It was bought out by a big company, soon after they were granted permission to move to Hillsborough (make of that what you will....)

Next year there will be no cheap advance tickets, etc I don't think. I'd also imagine them stopping all the fringe venues using the Tramlines name personally.

The day tickets thing just seems odd to me, even from a business sense. I would have attended for a day, but no interest in spending 3 days there. So they've not got any of my money.

I'd also imagine them stopping all the fringe venues using the Tramlines name personally.

Stay tuned.

Edited by EmmaJones76

its a business not a charity why shouldnt they make a profit the pubs around the venues do very well without contributing anything to the festival

---------- Post added 25-05-2018 at 01:43 ----------

According to the tramlines webiste - they are going to inform residents if they are successful or not by this Friday ... (25th May)

Will be interesting to see the outcome .. especially if those who live literally yards away from the park end up with no free tickets.

yeah so as before where would you draw the line ? or are you just bitter because you didnt get a free ticket. you could if you wanted to attend have bought one

1000 tickets to the the people who live closest to the park. Those who qualify to be informed in Feb/March. It's not rocket science is it?

Posts containing confidential information have been removed.

Please do not repost or you may find your account suspended.

There is a press release due today regarding fringe venue expectations for Tramlines.

You heard it here first. A friend who runs a venue had an email yesterday and is absolutely foaming at the mouth about the content of it.

Edited by EmmaJones76

Think Tramlines has been a big con for years they ask to believe for years they didn't make any profit.

The move to Hillsborough has been a complete fix the badly published public meeting in my opinion was just a tick the box exercise with council officers there who have previously worked for tramlines. At no point during the meeting was there any mention of an application for 3 years being made.

We will see if the promised public access to the park will still be there.

Think Tramlines has been a big con for years they ask to believe for years they didn't make any profit.

The move to Hillsborough has been a complete fix the badly published public meeting in my opinion was just a tick the box exercise with council officers there who have previously worked for tramlines. At no point during the meeting was there any mention of an application for 3 years being made.

The lack of profit in previous years is very likely to be true - don't forget that it's been bought out this year, so it's a very different beast.

The fact that the buyout occurred immediately after the move was approved is interesting. Was approval based on showing goodwill towards Tramlines being a locally run event, and the takeover kept quiet (there were rumours though) until the deal was done? I don't know.

This press release is very interesting stuff, and will make for an interesting discussion.....

Guest makapaka

How can a festival be a con.

You don’t have to go.