Memories of Fox Hill

Hi Claire76, I've only just seen your post about your mum, Blanche Grubb. Your mum was in the same class as me for a short time at Foxhill Junior School way back in 1955. I'm sorry to hear of her passing at such a young age.

I'm afraid I didn't know her very well, but I do have an old school photograph taken of the class in 1955 and I'm pretty sure she's on it.

I'd be delighted to send you a copy if you would like to email me. My address is jgill506@hotmail.co.uk.

I hope you see my post, or someone else does, who knows you to pass on information..

Evening everyone, what a wonderful feed. My mum is Barbara Grubb, one of the 17 Grubb clan on Cowper Crescent. Does anyone up here in cyber land have any old school photographs from Foxhill School between 1955 and 1961? Maybe from Chaucer between 1961 and 1966? Possibly with mum on them? The Grubbs were quite extensive to say the least and, as all family photographs have been lost, any pictures would be extremely welcome. Thanks. Finger’s crossed......:)

hi,my mame is mick Hawley, I was born on wolfe rd in 1941,went to foxhill school in 1946,then on to Meynell rd.i remember the grubb family,i was in the same class as bruce grubb,it was before your mum.if I remember right I advised bruce to get a job on the Sheffield transport, and seem to remember him thanking me and saying it was the best thing he had ever done,i think that was the last time I saw bruce,he will be 76 now the same age as me,i remember there was an article in the Sheffield star about your big family.

Hi Mick do you remember Brian and Tony Foster they would have been around at the same time - Brian born 1941 and Tony 1943.

sorry smary, I can't, then again my memory is not as good s it use'd to be.i seem to recall the names, but can't be sure.sorry.

OLD Post I know but I hve just found this Dr Nicholls lead a very interesting life

Originally Posted by catloverann View Post

Oh yes she was my doctor & like you say she looked a real old lady in the 60s , she always called me our Ann such a lovely lady, a real sweetie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/53/a3890153.shtml

Hi .I have just discovered this site I am Ian wade brother of dean

On 16/02/2015 at 11:25, noodles1961 said:

My Aunty and her family lived up Foxhill way Her Name Was Joyce & Len Hudson. They had about 5 children

I remember them

My little grandma (great) lived on Foxhill. She spoke with a Cockney accent which she never lost despite not living in London for over sixty years.