Tyzack Sons & Turner Ltd.

My aunt and uncle worked there, they met during the war and married in 1951/2, don't know when they left though. Joseph Parkin and Millicent Stephens, Nin was her nick name.

My aunt and uncle worked there, they met during the war and married in 1951/2, don't know when they left though. Joseph Parkin and Millicent Stephens, Nin was her nick name.

I remember Joe Parkin. I think he had a brother Harry and they were both very good golfers.

i think my mum's uncle, Harry Wood worked there. Not sure exactly when, but he must have retired by the early - mid 70's.

How could I have forgotten Ivan’s name, always remember him as asking for newspaper and disappearing for half an hour when arriving to repair a m/c. Ernie Miller still goes to Lees Hall golf and Martyn still lives in Meersbrook, his pop career over lol.

Bloke with one leg was called Arthur Lovett.

Few more names.

Dorothy Morgan (m office), Michael Turner (office), Gwen Woodhouse (office), Jean Moulden (office), Janet Young (office), Lance Hides (office),Paddy Lewis (office), Pete Millbrook (office), Don Mawkes (manager m dept), Col Middleton (director), Dave Broadbent, Pat and (m dept) Sid Gregory (j dept), Pat Mawkes (inspection), Richard Mawkes (m dept), Pat Marshall (m dept), Sylvia Gregory (m dept), Peter Woodhead (m dept office), Trevor Elshaw (m dept), Joan King (warehouse), John Kitchener (m dept), Clive Young (m dept), Bob Collie (press), Jackie Hides (m dept), Sam Needham (j dept),

Saw Ernie a few months ago. See Martyn occasionally. I remember Pat Mawkes if she was Joe's wife. He was in the toolroom, he retired just after I started. Remember Pat and Sid Gregory, Peter Woodhead, Trevor Elshaw. Also some of the names you mention are familiar, but cannot put faces to them. Also remember Barry Bower, Ernest Morton, Ron Cocksedge, Dave Ferris to mention a few. Also George Lotka the welder. He was a character!!!

I remember Joe Parkin. I think he had a brother Harry and they were both very good golfers.

No he only had s sister, he lived in View Road before he married.

Hi Wally I served my apprenticeship there about 1967 to 73 in the welding shop with Ernest Nelson and George (Bolesloft) Lotker. This is at the end of your time there I know but can add a few more names;- Electricians Kieth Jepson, David Renolds, Lol and Frank.

Next door in plumbing Eric Wosternome, Walter Davey, Steven Fogg. and two chippies Dick Gratrex and Ronnie France. Brill place to work,

hello members, Ben Turner here i am Mike Turners son, Normans Grandson, read with interest your messages, Mike passed away 7 years ago having fought cancer bravley. always spoke affectionatley about his days at the office !!!! all the best to you all..

How could I have forgotten Ivan’s name, always remember him as asking for newspaper and disappearing for half an hour when arriving to repair a m/c. Ernie Miller still goes to Lees Hall golf and Martyn still lives in Meersbrook, his pop career over lol.

Bloke with one leg was called Arthur Lovett.

Few more names.

Dorothy Morgan (m office), Michael Turner (office), Gwen Woodhouse (office), Jean Moulden (office), Janet Young (office), Lance Hides (office),Paddy Lewis (office), Pete Millbrook (office), Don Mawkes (manager m dept), Col Middleton (director), Dave Broadbent, Pat and (m dept) Sid Gregory (j dept), Pat Mawkes (inspection), Richard Mawkes (m dept), Pat Marshall (m dept), Sylvia Gregory (m dept), Peter Woodhead (m dept office), Trevor Elshaw (m dept), Joan King (warehouse), John Kitchener (m dept), Clive Young (m dept), Bob Collie (press), Jackie Hides (m dept), Sam Needham (j dept),

Joe Brammer, Quality Control 1925-2012. Rest in peace Joe

About four years ago we were in New Zealand and somewhere north of Auckland we went into a little museum in what I believe was one of the first places to be found there. The first thing on display that we saw was a selection of tools from Tyzack Sons & Turner.

Mywife who is researching her family has just discovered thsat one of her ancestors married one of the Tyzack family.

Has any other Forummer researched the Tyzack family?

Happy Days! PopT

Does anyone remember Les Oldale. He was Chief Buyer around 1965/66 ?

Ted Bourne M dept Grinder 1943-2012, Rest in Peace Ted

Edited by demeer