Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

I went today for a birthday lunch.

Great food. Really lovely staff. We were made to feel entirely welcome and like nothing was too much trouble. I feared it was too good to be true for the food to be yummy, too...but it was. Gorgeous burgers and a lovely ciabatta pizza for my son (free, hurrah!) I will most definitely be going back. :)

We had my daughters wedding reception at the Dam House recently and the whole evening ( she got married abroad ) was wonderful, most of the 300 guests commented on the fact that it was a lovely venue, how good the staff were and the food was great. It was a little more expensive than other places we looked at but well worth it. We have eaten there quite a few times and never been disappointed, in fact its become one of our favourite places to eat and also just to meet friends for a drink.

went on 3rd May with my sister and her husband who were visiting from Dublin plus two other friends and i can honestly say everying was great but the value for money makes it amazing. How they can knock out 3 courses for £20 is beyond me. Had been to mocha for lunch which was excellent as usual but two sandwiches, 2 large coffees, a water and a brownie was just over £20.

Two of the party said the t-bone was the best they had tasted in a very long time. Service was great, setting is good, you can't fault it and I will certainly be back. Highly recommend.

My Parents went last night, they said it was good...

we love this restaurant, went for sunday lunch yesterday , the food and service was excellent, this place is a little gem and should be reccomended , its much better than most of the restaurants in town....we cant wait to go back in october for mrs sussxowls birthday. (live down south)

Thanks,

we are owned by two Sheffield ers, head chef from Sheffield and managers are from Sheffield.... and not a chain or mass produced packet to microwave food in site!

Don't do the sheep thing and head in to town or eccy road... try some home grown talent!

Now what other restaurant in Sheffield can say they truly are a "Sheffield Forum"!

- Hope to see you all there soon.... especially over the summer!

Thanks,

we are owned by two Sheffield ers, head chef from Sheffield and managers are from Sheffield.... and not a chain or mass produced packet to microwave food in site!

Don't do the sheep thing and head in to town or eccy road... try some home grown talent!

Now what other restaurant in Sheffield can say they truly are a "Sheffield Forum"!

- Hope to see you all there soon.... especially over the summer!

Would love to have our wedding reception at the Damhouse but have still not heard anything back from my emails - is your email address correct on your signature?

Thanks.

For weddings, it is better you give us a call due to the endless options available to you and your guests.

No one wedding we have done is the same.

Ask for Jon our wedding co-ordinator, or one of the managers Shaun or Richard.

You can visit the web site on

http://www.dam-house.com/weddings.html

if you wish to have a browse.

If the email address is not working you can use the web site to contact us too.

Hope that helps you out, if not then just PM me on here.

My friends and I went on 28 May (3 of us). The food was disappointing and tasteless. The cheeseboard lacked variety. The service was not good - we had to ask for plates for the cheese! and for spoons and sugar with our coffees. I did email the restaurant with our comments but they haven't bothered to reply.

Ate here last week. Got to say it was vey very nice. And what a fantastic setting. Good value, great food.

My friends and I went on 28 May (3 of us). The food was disappointing and tasteless. The cheeseboard lacked variety. The service was not good - we had to ask for plates for the cheese! and for spoons and sugar with our coffees. I did email the restaurant with our comments but they haven't bothered to reply.

Firstly, sorry for not getting back to you with in a week of your email. I think you will find you should have our reply by now.

A guest has also mentioned to us you have also written comments on this forum, so this is why I'm on here now to reply again publicly, although you did say you would rather email us than post you comments on the Sheffield Forum.

Your email was a well put script, but when we read it, it did come across that you had some great ideas on how we should present the food and wine at the Dam House, and how you would season the food differently.

We did not take these comments as a complaint as everyone who cooks or does eat out regularly will have a different slant on "the way we do things" which is only natural, and the style of your letter did not express any anger or want any resolve.

Your views on our procedures or recipes are not wrong, just different to how we actually do them at the Dam House. We adhere to our standards which we have set in order to obtain consistency for each and every guest.

Being an independent, we take all comments from our guests seriously, as we know how much a bad reputation, started on here or not, and bad comments can send a business like ours in to the realms of the Blue Fin, Bluwater, Boho, Seasons, Bay Tree, The Italian Place.... i could go on.

Also, we do remember your table, and our waitress also remembers that you left a "not so small" cash tip, and did not comment on your visit your issues, and with this action we did perceive that you enjoyed your visit, which we apologise that now it looks like this was not the case.

It is always the best option to ask for the manager on duty to express your concerns in order for us to try to rectify the situation, as the general way our food is cooked (i.e. not out of a packet) means that human error can come in to it as all our dishes are made to order ... and the chef may just put an extra pinch of salt in once in blue moon, so please let us know if this does happen.Thankfully ... not a lot!

Any how, back to the grindstone as its a hot day today and the outside section is full of guests and we have a fair few bookings this evening for al fresco dining!

Hope to see you back at the Dam House soon!

We went to Dam House on Friday 23rd Oct 2009.

The meal was spot on. T Bone steak perfectly cooked.

There where 8 of us and everyone's food was very good, the service was exceptional, the waitress was very attentive, we never had a empty glass.

Take full advantage of the £20, 3 course meal deal, plus print the voucher from their website and get a free bottle of wine. well worth it.( http://www.dam-house.co.uk/images/voucher.pdf )

If I could criticise anything, it would be the tiles for plates, very nice for presentation of the food which did look brill but not very practical, having to dip stuff in the gravy boat, or for the crumble and custard for the desert!

Apart from that a very enjoyable eating experiance, and we will be back, if they will have us.