The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

It isn't interfering.

The countries within the EU and, in particular, those within the single currency signed gave commitments about their budgets and in particular deficits. The Comission has some specific obligations in this regard and they are fulfilling them.

No one forced Italy to adopt the Euro, if they are so concerned by this maybe they shouldn't have joined it nor borrowed significantly more than they could afford to repay.

They could, of course, re-adopt the lira, though that seems likely to be very damaging to the Italian economy.

I bet the Italians think it's interference. They are the third largest economy in the EU and the commission has never told anyone else that that they reject their budget. If that's not interfering I don't know what is.

The reason that the thing is a total shambles is that the Govt.consists of a pack of incompetents who couldn't negotiate their way through an open door.

There's no doubt the main Brexiteers are a bunch of charlatans, spivs and shysters but there's got to come a point where you've got to admit you were duped?

I bet the Italians think it's interference. They are the third largest economy in the EU and the commission has never told anyone else that that they reject their budget. If that's not interfering I don't know what is.

they have rules on budgets and financial stuff that have to be adhered to and yes it means ALL 28 countries have to abide by them

Aye, it was the genuine peoples vote. And Boy Dave told us all the day before we voted, these pearly words of wisdom.

"Above all, it’s about our economy. It will be stronger if we stay. It will be weaker if we leave.

"That’s a huge risk to Britain – to British families; to British jobs – and it’s irreversible, there is no going back."

"And remember: they can’t undo the decision we take. If we vote out, that’s it. It is irreversible. We will leave Europe – for good."

Angel1.

Your arguments seem to be getting weaker

And why are you cherry picking only certain things Cameron said. If you trusted him so much you should be getting worried about all the warnings he made.

the Govt.consists of a pack of incompetents who couldn't negotiate their way through an open door.

What's to negotiate?

Economically, leaving the EU is like shooting yourself in the head, leaving yourself with brain damage then trying to negotiate a job as Professor of Nuclear Physics at the University of Sheffield!

Even a tag team of Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking couldn't negotiate that one for you! :suspect:

Of course he was! And besides he's not in charge now, unless you're saying nothing a PM says can be reversed, which would be a bit odd because I bet you can't wait for a universal credit U turn. Brexit? "Wait and see".

And therein lies the problem. Quote: 'Of course he was lying'

When you can't trust the Prime Minister of the UK to tell the truth on such an important, serious issue, who can you trust?

Answer: No-one.

We have been lied to consistently by both sides by people we should most be able to trust, especially when being asked to make perhaps the most important decision since the war. The scum bags have got themselves into a mess entirely of their own making.

And if they hadn't got into the habit of treating the electorate with such utter contempt over the years, and proved over and over again that their only interests were themselves rather than the good of the country, then maybe we would have done what they wanted - if we could have worked it out from the miasma of contradictions, misinformation, and self interest that was being bandied about.

And still is.

Some might do, but if you sign up to a set of rules and then don't follow them you can expect some consequences.

Anyway, at the end they will do a deal

Do you ever go to Greece? I’m there now, it is doing fine, economy on the up, new roads creating a much stronger infrastructure, sociable working hours for all. The Greeks I know, about a dozen of them after having worked in various projects with them, are all satisfied with the outcome and, more importantly, very pleased that their government is being kept in check by the EU.

Greece got into the hole it got in by overspending on vanity projects and rubbish decisions by former governments. Every Greek will tell you that. The EU is pumping billions in strengthening infrastructure, agriculture and tourism whilst also funding nearly 100% of research output.

I’d stop citing Greece to ‘support the cause’ if I were you, makes you look daft.

where is the money coming from for all the infrastructure ? Weird how insecure you must be to end with lame attempt of a put down.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 23:37 ----------

Yes they will.

---------- Post added 21-10-2018 at 17:29 ----------

Is that all you got? That they wont like the cold?

Are you really saying a protest, should bring down democracy.

Why am I not surprised.......?

I dont know, maybe you could tell us instead of us guessing. :hihi:

BTW 17% of the UK resident population also dont have one!

Edited by apelike

If we had another referendum, it would be overwhelmingly in favour of remain.

if it is another with similar vote count but in favor of remain, could we then have best out of 3.

if it is another with similar vote count but in favor of remain, could we then have best out of 3.

This would be best out of three, currently tied at 1-1 with the 1975 vote and the 2016 vote. Democracy I guess.

That would be the best of three. I see you are conveniently forgetting the one in the 1970's