Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

I have watched this thread with interest as it went to auction, I just don't understand why it fetched that much money?

It can't be knocked down (unless it falls down) , it's in the middle of an industrial estate, and as for converting to a hotel or apartments, well who would want to live there?

The views would be of a recycling/waste disposal centre bang next door, constant traffic noise and massive wagons coming and going at all hours to the local businesses and the waste facility next door.

I just don't see the appeal!

I have watched this thread with interest as it went to auction, I just don't understand why it fetched that much money?

It can't be knocked down (unless it falls down) , it's in the middle of an industrial estate, and as for converting to a hotel or apartments, well who would want to live there?

The views would be of a recycling/waste disposal centre bang next door, constant traffic noise and massive wagons coming and going at all hours to the local businesses and the waste facility next door.

I just don't see the appeal!

You don't read enough property magazines sheffandy :hihi:

Assuming it will be flats, which let's face it, it's unlikely to be anything else (upstairs anyway) - still possible in future as 'micropub' downstairs...

1. 1750s origin - truth

2. Riverside views - truth

3. Up and coming area - truth

4. Good public transport - truth

-

Let's face it, 6 decent flats will sell for £100k min. It's a good investment, I think. It would be good if when the Kelham development moves up, if it could have a small pub downstairs. It's probably a risky buy, but I think most kelham buyers took risks, and probably will pay off/if not already.

Edited by *_ash_*

Guest makapaka

Assuming it will be flats, which let's face it, it's unlikely to be anything else (upstairs anyway) - still possible in future as 'micropub' downstairs...

1. 1750s origin - truth

-

Let's face it, 6 decent flats will sell for £100k min. It's a good investment, I think. It would be good if when the Kelham development moves up, if it could have a small pub downstairs. It's probably a risky buy, but I think most kelham buyers took risks, and probably will pay off/if not already.

If I had the money I would have bought it. Downstairs retail let, upstairs residential purchase. Cash profit and ongoing rental - would have paid £300k.

Must be me then, plenty more nicer places to stay than close to Arthur's Skips, a huge pile of recycled pile of grey waste, a very busy junction at peak times, a storage facility....the list goes on.

Just because it's grade whatever listed doesn't make it desirable where it is.

1. 1750s origin - truth

-

If I had the money I would have bought it. Downstairs retail let, upstairs residential purchase. Cash profit and ongoing rental - would have paid £300k.

Someone overpaid for this pub and to be honest it's in the wrong place to go building high quality apartments. The industrial buildings around it are not just going to disappear anytime soon.

Guest makapaka
Someone overpaid for this pub and to be honest it's in the wrong place to go building high quality apartments. The industrial buildings around it are not just going to disappear anytime soon.

I disagree - it’s not a pretty location but neither is the area around kelham / city centre.

Good transport links - near to town / kelham / hillsborough.

Excellent news that it will be reopening as a pub!

Guest makapaka

There’s been some great news pub wise these last couple of days;

Fairfield inn - back as a pub

Barrow boys - back as a pub

Blonk st toilets - new pub

Stokes tiles - new pub

Happy days

Certainly needs something doing, its been an eyesore for ages

There’s been some great news pub wise these last couple of days;

Fairfield inn - back as a pub

Barrow boys - back as a pub

Blonk st toilets - new pub