Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

Hunters at Chapeltown are on the ball. They don’t hit you or the tenant with unexpected additional fees and maintenance call outs are charged fairly.

There seem to be a lot of sharks out there, and a lot of sharp practice.

Can anyone recommend a good lettings agent in Sheffield? One that will take over the finding and running of a tenancy for a reasonable price?

What area is the property in ?

Archers at Crosspool are very good but only tend to do S6 & S10.

Thankyou both.

House is in North Sheffield so I'll give Hunters a try..

My experience in the past has been to do it all yourself, lot of work initially but once you have all your legal documents in place you just re-use them and join landlords forums to keep up to date with any changes in the law.

Although there are no doubt good agents out there they tend to leave you high and dry if anything goes wrong, hence ultimately if you have a bad tenant legally you still have to sort out the mess! I would rather interview people myself and reference check them using some of the many cheap companies that do this, I paid just £20 for full referencing, I can recommend you look at the web site 'Open rent'.

Ultimately you should be aware of all the legal implications yourself and not leave this to others to get right, it will in the end come down to you unless you want to sue the letting agents if things go very wrong...and that is another whole problem and costly to boot.

Best of luck,

Tony

Yes. As ignorance of the law is not a defence, it's vital that an intending new landlord be fully briefed- by his/her solicitor- on what to do and what not to do.

Any recommendations for good agents?

What area ?

Any recommendations for good agents?

Haus is efficient, although not particularly cheap.

Area is S13 and would prefer recommendations for Honest, efficient and thorough agents and no just cheapest.

My advice would be to avoid the on line agents.

Were in the process of moving and the place were buying is through an on line agent. They don't seem to have the first clue.

Avoid Tepilo/Purple Pricks etc etc !!!!