No more walk-on models at the Darts

Answering for others again.

You didn't direct the question specifically towards others :)

You didn't direct the question specifically towards others :)

You could see the conversation.

Anyway, it would help if you could give the examples of misandry you've identified.

I think he is - he had multiple chances to voice his opinions regarding misandry, yet he decided to moan only about "fat feminist" speculation. (Which in my opinion wasn't even example of misogyny).

Now can we stop repeating ourselves? I believe my statements were quite clear. I just want to hear clear opinion from Halibut. He has a chance to explain himself.

Where's the misandry on this thread? Personally, I try and avoid using words like fat to describe anyone. I'd probably use overweight or large.

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 16:58 ----------

Maybe because someone (Halibut) was faster? And it was him who called it misogyny. Yet he overlooked the others using word "fat" for darts men and never mentioned misandrists. Isn't this the prime example of hypocrisy?

Moreover, Dimple stated that there is a certain probability that some of the feminists opposing grid-girls are "fat and ugly". He backed up this statement by claiming that their look may be the source of insecurities for doing such a job and this might affect their opinions. This all sounds reasonable and plausible and I don't see anything wrong with such a statement. If anyone has some other reasoning or argument, we're free to discuss, I hope. It's far from calling someone "fat" just as a slur.

You think describing a 23 stone man as fat is worse than deciding a women you don't know and have never met is 'fat and ugly' because you don't like what she says?

You need your head examining.

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 17:05 ----------

Not at all - having been fat in the past, being bullied at school for it, it's a horrible term to use and i tend not to use the word in an argument. The problem i have is with the hypocrisy of the SJWs on here who think fat shaming of women is bad, but it's ok to fat shame men.

Either both are fair game or neither.

I agree that it's an unpleasant term and not one I would use - but you can give over with calling me hypocritical; I've not called anyone fat, nor would I.

I'm simply calling out misogyny when I see it - in case you hadn't noticed, it's one of my pet subjects.

FYI, Dimple is a classic mysogynist - he even used the phrase 'the war on men' this morning. It's a dead giveaway - as is his assumption that any woman that claims to be opposed to the sexual objectification of women is probably fat and ugly.

If events can't have hot models,

Then performing artists in the charts should keep their clothes on so people solely buy their material based on musical talent. Instead of prancing round in revealing costumes on music videos.

That's quite a logical comment,I've said before if men look at Little Mix its not for their music.

Just watching the Winter Olympics ice skating, in the pairs they should stop having female skaters as the outfits they wear are objectifying women.

I've not read the previous posts as there's now 22 pages!!

But I'll have my say and leave.

I actually welcome this new movement.

It's about time men didn't view slim young women as sex objects

Women should also realise that you need more than tits'n'teeth to get through this new modern world

Also, women should try and remember not every male has his testicles between his ears!!

So so sick of the bikini stuff used to advertise tyres, exhausts, powertools etc etc. Do ad agencies really think the average man above adolescence falls for this cheap banal imagery??

I hope it goes all the way and stops this subliminal flirting.

It's pretty demoralising if you happen to be a man these days, the media and movies make it look like a flash of a thigh or glimpse of cleaverage is enough to turn men into autobots!!

C'mon give us a bit of credit!

---------- Post added 11-02-2018 at 21:45 ----------

I'm going to wade into this "fat" debate

I'm bald, didn't ask to be, doesn't bother me but allows everyone an option to have a cheap dig at me instantly if they wish.

A fat person is there by their own doing. If they like being fat then that's fine and I'm happy for them. But if they disprove others of referring to them as fat, then I ask why? If you're fat, then you're fat...end of! It was your choice.

What I'm saying is, stick with the facts - that way we all know where we stand and what we mean

Not being insultive, just saying as is

Get over yourselves!!

Edited by mrcharlie

I've not read the previous posts as there's now 22 pages!!

But I'll have my say and leave.

I actually welcome this new movement.

It's about time men didn't view slim young women as sex objects

Women should also realise that you need more than tits'n'teeth to get through this new modern world

Also, women should try and remember not every male has his testicles between his ears!!

So so sick of the bikini stuff used to advertise tyres, exhausts, powertools etc etc. Do ad agencies really think the average man above adolescence falls for this cheap banal imagery??

I hope it goes all the way and stops this subliminal flirting.

It's pretty demoralising if you happen to be a man these days, the media and movies make it look like a flash of a thigh or glimpse of cleaverage is enough to turn men into autobots!!

C'mon give us a bit of credit!

---------- Post added 11-02-2018 at 21:45 ----------

I'm going to wade into this "fat" debate

I'm bald, didn't ask to be, doesn't bother me but allows everyone an option to have a cheap dig at me instantly if they wish.

A fat person is there by their own doing. If they like being fat then that's fine and I'm happy for them. But if they disprove others of referring to them as fat, then I ask why? If you're fat, then you're fat...end of! It was your choice.

What I'm saying is, stick with the facts - that way we all know where we stand and what we mean

Not being insultive, just saying as is

Get over yourselves!!

So, it's only women who are 'objectified'? You're not calling for a ban on the Diet Coke ads, for example? Are we not allowed to find the opposite sex attractive (or the same sex in the case of gay people)?

What's wrong with women making money from their image??? Why do we place so much importance on the brain as an acceptable way to make money??? I get paid a decent amount to work in a dreary office, 9-5, earning enough to have a holiday and a few weekends away each year. Yet, the grid girls and walk on girls get to travel the world and live a glamourous lifestyle, getting paid for their time to advertise for companies... where's the problem? It's 'demeaning" apparently... yet it's others talking on behalf of the girls who say this.

What is actually wrong with being paid to be looked at? No one complains about models modelling clothing on TV. It's the same thing. A woman models clothing for M&S... somehow, that's OK? What is she doing? Getting paid to advertise. But, because it's aimed at women, that's OK, because women don't 'objectify', even though the woman on the screen is nothing more than a clothes horse being used to sell a product. Because motor racing is mainly aimed at men, there's suddenly an issue with women being objectified, yet the grid girls' role is no different than those on TV modelling for high street brands... it just happens to be that one is aimed at women, and one is aimed at men.

And on the fat debate - call someone fat, i couldn't care less. But, if you're going to call a man 'fat', you can't get on your high horse when someone calls a woman 'fat'.

'Don't use showgirls to sell roof tiles'

One of the UK's largest industry exhibitions is issuing a new code of conduct over the use of "promo girls".

Last year, UK Construction Week, held at Birmingham's NEC, faced criticism over the use of lightly clad women to staff an exhibitor's stall.

It featured Las Vegas-style showgirls selling roofing products.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43036944

'Don't use showgirls to sell roof tiles'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43036944

why?? buyers of roof tiles are likely to be men who enjoy the female form and are more likely to buy or be interested, what business is it of anyone else?

men are shallow anyway so its a good hook:hihi: been caught myself a couple of times:o

FYI, Dimple is a classic mysogynist

In your opinion. But then your opinion is not really worth all that much.

Hey, remember the time you tried to say I had said something to support Trump? How did that turn out for you?

Oh and remember that other time you assumed I was a white male and got that wrong too?

You overuse the word misogynist so much to most of us its just a noise that gets lost in the crowd of far more worthy opinions.

In your opinion. But then your opinion is not really worth all that much.

Hey, remember the time you tried to say I had said something to support Trump? How did that turn out for you?

Oh and remember that other time you assumed I was a white male and got that wrong too?

You overuse the word misogynist so much to most of us its just a noise that gets lost in the crowd of far more worthy opinions.

Remember the time you said 'the war on men'?

Remember the time you said 'the war on men'?

You do remember those instances I gave then.

Good. I was beginning to think you had a very selective memory :)