Yorkshire pudding in sheffield where are they?

I wish I'd never read this thread now, I am yearning for my mother's yorkshire with onion gravy and my Aunty Jessie's seasoned pudding and a dash of Hendo's. I'm literally drooling.

Why is no-one ever able to make anything that tastes as good as your mother used to make?

We are living in Yorkshire, I am not from yorkshire, but is Aunt bessie working in sheffield or is there somewhere else to buy a great yorkshire pudding from? Or is it a fresh made thing if so where do you go? Any pubs people know of my boys love these things:love:

I think the reason there so famous is because people actually make there own and not go to tescos for some aunt bessies which are probably made in plymouth or summat lol:)

OK, So whose up for helping to make the Biggest Yorkshire Puding in the World for Comic Relief on Friday 16th March 2007? I'm thinking Tudor Square Sheffield with the bods from Castle Catering College and selling bits to raise the money..... all for a great cause and good fun I reckon.

The only prob whsoe recipe from everyone here shall we use...or shall we all just get our mums and grandmas to come and make it ...?

After all the theme is the Big One! PM me if you're up for it

http://www.rednoseday.com/

cook you sausage ....

and when you pour your mixture into your hot oiled tins .... drop your sausages in too, the yorkie pud bakes around it :thumbsup:

You know, Paul, making toad in the hole is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...

bizzare, i came across this thread while eating my left over homemade yorkshire puds...no wonder im putting on weight! homemade ones are the best though.

Aunt Bessie, you don't know Aunt Bessie ?! :hihi:

Have to admit, it's shameful that I do like quick and easy frozen ones. Dunno where my school recipe book has gone. Definitely was taught when I went to school in Hillsborough. :(

You know, I've been in Sheffield for so long, and I don't think I've really had real Yorkshire Pud ! I've been robbed. I recall they used to do lovely big yorkshire puds with mince fillings in them in Meadowhall. I wonder whether those were homemade. I think it was part of Masalla (?)

Definitely going to seek out homemade ones now.

[Added]OOPS ! Typo ! :hihi:

Well spotted Supertyke ! lol... :blush: :blush:

Nearly everybody uses frozen yorkshire puddings now.Every supermarket sells them(they are already made) but frozen,and just need 3-4 mins in a hot oven.QUOTE]

Home made are loads better and dead easy (if I can do it anyone can!)

Real beef dripping in a really hot smoky pan is the key, turned down a bit after pouring in the mixture. Then into a hot oven.

Bought are full of salt, preservatives etc and taste like cardboard.

It's good to see lots of forumers still make their own. Long live 'real' yorky pud!

We have ours the traditional way as a starter, sometimes with rabbit gravy. :thumbsup:

Home made every time.

Aunt Bessie, you don't know Aunt Bessie ?! :hihi:

I've been robbed. I recall they used to do lovely big yorkshire puds with mince feelings in them in Meadowhall. (?)

Definitely going to seek out homemade ones now.

'Mince feelings' - what on earth are those???

Are they anything like my woman occasional serves up? Garnished with essence of crushed heart!!!

aww I'm so hungry now!

aww I'm so hungry now!

Wonder if Neil Young likes yorkshire pud Komal - reckon a man with his superb taste MUST eh!!? Are you sure he wasn't meaning, 'only yorkshires burning???'

What sort of batter would you make for battered sausages ? I batter fry fish but never done sausage.