Bin collections in the snow...

Posts consisting of personal comments and bickering have been removed. If you cant have a discussion like adults then its better that you dont post at all.

Thank you.

Posts consisting of personal comments and bickering have been removed. If you cant have a discussion like adults then its better that you dont post at all.

Thank you.

Nice one...:D:D...just to add in S26 our bin was collected as usual..people should realise the bin wagon drivers are only doing what they will have been told by their immediate supervisors....blame "health and safety" ....if anyone has an accident due to adverse weather conditions and they have been told to go out as usual by the management..the onus is on them,and they are the ones who may end up in court ..Driving a large truck in the snow/ice etc is not as easy as people think..the moaners should remember this :cool:

Nice one...:D:D...just to add in S26 our bin was collected as usual..people should realise the bin wagon drivers are only doing what they will have been told by their immediate supervisors....blame "health and safety" ....if anyone has an accident due to adverse weather conditions and they have been told to go out as usual by the management..the onus is on them,and they are the ones who may end up in court ..Driving a large truck in the snow/ice etc is not as easy as people think..the moaners should remember this :cool:

For "health & safety" read "insurance requirements".

I do not about anyone else but I have no problems with what the bin men have or have not done but my issue is with the lack of communication from Veolia and the council.

I think it would have been reasonable to have suspended all collections on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I for one would not liked to have been out there collecting bins in that weather

Our flat complex has 4 black bins for 9 flats.

There are also 4 recycling bins however they only accept paper and cardboard - no plastic, tins or glass.

So the bulk of the waste still has to go in the black bins, so naturally it doesn't take long until they start overflowing. Ridiculous loop hole when they don't accept overflowing bins but don't provide us with enough in the first place!

I have to do skip runs to the tip at Gleadless Valley to get rid of our plastic, paper and tins, and usually take a couple of general waste bags with me too becuase you can't fit them in the sparse bins we are provided with.

--EDIT--

Sorry, I didn't see this was about bin collections in the snow. I was just having a rant about bin collections in General :hihi: :hihi:

Edited by niallzi

For "health & safety" read "insurance requirements".

given how many spun cars, cars left wedged in walls etc I have seen around I am glad they have not tried to get heavy lorries up and down steep hills covered in snow.

Our blue bin was emptied on Sunday morning, then folks saw lorry then put their bins out they are still there and full.

Our blue bins were also collected Sunday morning (11th) and again on Friday (16th) which I weirdly half-expected them not to be, ironically. Unfortunately now our gate lock is frozen solid and I can't get the bin back in the garden! :hihi: