Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

The Incredibles 2 - please mums and dads it's not really a toddlers film. Its Avengers Civil War in cartoon,lots of story and dialogue.

8/10

Watched a dvd while holiday of a film I don't recall seeing in the cinema. Coen Brothers, 'Burn After Reading'.with John Malkovic, George Clooney, Frances McDermid & Brad Pitt.

Black comedy, quite funny.

Watched a dvd while holiday of a film I don't recall seeing in the cinema. Coen Brothers, 'Burn After Reading'.with John Malkovic, George Clooney, Frances McDermid & Brad Pitt.

Black comedy, quite funny.

Very funny film :thumbsup:

Skyscraper - 6/10 - mindless action, don't think too hard though or it starts to look like a lace doily.

Skyscraper - 6/10 - mindless action, don't think too hard though or it starts to look like a lace doily.

6/10 too. Entertaining enough.

Mission Impossible-Fallout - entertaining in a way on IMF can make it,although slightly long. 8/10

After all these years of meaning to watch it, but never getting around to it I finally sat down and watched Das Boot. What a brilliant film, hard to believe how so much drama could happen in a sardine can of a ship. Great stuff 10/10 and then some.Can't believe that the guy who wrote the novel hated the film.

I watched this ages ago when it was on as a TV Mini-Series,1985-86.The full version is nearly 5 hours long, (8 episodes) complete with sub-titles,..lots of scenes are cut out for the film version ..The same goes for "Dances With Wolves"..10/10 the original version i have on DVD is over 4 hours long..not three as they put on TV

A Quiet Place 8/10. Pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it.

Didn't know what to expect with this and had no idea what it was about then about 5 minutes in realised it was a horror movie, which I normally hate. It has no dialog for the first 40 minutes but don't let that put you off.

Excellent film..easy.. 8/10...:thumbsup:

Recently watched "The Rock" in 2018 film "Rampage"....fantastic effects,excellent film..I.M.O....9/10...:thumbsup:.

Extinction (Netflix) - 6.5/10

The latest Netflix sci-fi film, starring Michael Pena and Lizzy Caplan. A kind of cross between a lowish budget alien invasion film like Skyline or Battle: Los Angeles and an Outer Limit episode with an excellent effects budget.

Was reasonably entertaining and quite silly.

---------- Post added 31-07-2018 at 15:05 ----------

Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10

How Tom Cruise hasn't been killed filming these things I don't know.

Just watched a film based on a true story about Florence Foster Jenkins who was suppose to have been the worst opera singer at that time, she died in 1944.

I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the film when I thought I would only give it five minutes. I’m not a big fan of the main characters, Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep, who played the part of Jenkins, but it was good acting from both of them.

When M Streep was singing and trying to reach the high notes she looked and sounded like a chicken in pain trying to lay an egg, made me laugh, I didn’t expect that awful singing or expressions, neither did the people at her concerts.

Although it made me laugh it was sad to think that Jenkins caught syphilis at the age of 18 from her first husband, she ended the relationship when she knew. She didn’t have a sexual relationship with a man after that, in case she passed the disease on, therefore she didn’t have children which she wanted. She was told by doctors she did well to live with syphilis for 50 years, there was no antibiotics in those days.

I couldn’t help but admire this lady.

8/10