Arctic Monkeys new album

mardy bum and dance floor are still as popular as ever on the disco, nothing else gets requested.

My expectations were never so high from them. I think this is why I am not disappointed like the rest of you.

Am I alone in saying I could not name you any song that these have ever done and have never knowingly listened to any of their music ?

Guest makapaka
Am I alone in saying I could not name you any song that these have ever done and have never knowingly listened to any of their music ?

You're probably not best placed to post on a thread discussing their new album then?

One Point Perspective getting some airplay on 6 Music, I like it.

its just another pop album that will next get mentioned in Ken Bruce's pop quiz years from now. The question will be "What was the follow up album to A.M" the answer will be cant remember. Nor will anyone else.

If I could get Alexa to give me time to say spotify/arctic monkeys/ tranquillity base.......

She gets bored.

I'm not wowed but I love the lyrics.

A grower for me too.

Been listening to it while out with the dog, im not a fan of the monkeys, its ok. One thing though, hes got Bowies voice, not that Bowie will be needing it, hope he gives it back when Bowies next album comes out though Oo

Been listening to it while out with the dog, im not a fan of the monkeys, its ok. One thing though, hes got Bowies voice, not that Bowie will be needing it, hope he gives it back when Bowies next album comes out though Oo

Yes, very Bowie.

I don't know why some people expect a band to keep doing the same kind of thing for years on end. Put yourself in their place and ask yourself if you would want to keep making the same kind of music year after year.

Of course they are going to want to vary it and try new stuff - it's allowable to not like some songs or albums, even by your favourite bands. And sometimes you have to put a bit of effort in yourself; I didn't get Humbug the first few times but then I heard Songs for the Deaf (great album) and totally got it.

Edited by Bob Arctor